Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #126
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Import is not working for Prima hands here, scylla. I tried importing through HEM and through a .txt HH file from Prima, but neither would work. I sent you the HH's.
Ok, bug fixed.
I've uploaded a new version which should be able to read the files now.

Thanks for the report!
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #127
Neku
adept
 
Neku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: monkeyspew
Posts: 709
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Works now. Fantastic work, scylla, congrats.
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #128
kitaristi0
l'Útranger
 
kitaristi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: half awake in a fake empire
Posts: 16,142
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

I'm trying to model a situation where I am the small blind and either raise or fold. Does the program think of folding the small blind as 0EV or -0.5EV? In other words if the EV of my action is -0.13 does that mean it is better or worse than folding?
kitaristi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #129
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitaristi0 View Post
I'm trying to model a situation where I am the small blind and either raise or fold. Does the program think of folding the small blind as 0EV or -0.5EV? In other words if the EV of my action is -0.13 does that mean it is better or worse than folding?
It considers folding as 0 EV since the EV is measured after you've posted the blind (and it's no longer yours).
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #130
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Ok, new version uploaded.

Bugs fixed in Full tilt and Pokerstars.

Go here for a new copy.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #131
kitaristi0
l'Útranger
 
kitaristi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: half awake in a fake empire
Posts: 16,142
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

I've got a scenario where BTN opens, I shove in the BB and BTN calls some hands and folds others. Right now I've been going through every hand individually to see which are +EV and which aren't, but I was wondering (and hoping) whether there was a way for the program to automatically spit out which hands are +EV in this given scenario. Is this possible?
kitaristi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #132
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitaristi0 View Post
I've got a scenario where BTN opens, I shove in the BB and BTN calls some hands and folds others. Right now I've been going through every hand individually to see which are +EV and which aren't, but I was wondering (and hoping) whether there was a way for the program to automatically spit out which hands are +EV in this given scenario. Is this possible?
Yes, perform an EV calculation and hover over the EV field of the appropriate decision.
You'll get a popup with the individual holecard performance.

For instance something like this:


Should you actually be the button in this situation, then call with all hands and see which ones are +EV.


This is what you meant, right?



PS: This is explained in the video manual. You can normally view it at www.stoxpoker.com/videos (unfortunately there's some minor problems and you probably won't find it here). You can also download it here. Click on the links. The download will take a few minutes. No download window will pop up, but the download is being performed. Don't close the window before you have the files.

Last edited by scylla; 05-05-2008 at 07:58 PM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #133
kitaristi0
l'Útranger
 
kitaristi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: half awake in a fake empire
Posts: 16,142
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Aah of course. The answer, as always, was too simple to see.
kitaristi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 AM   #134
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Hi guys,

The old version of the program just expired.
I haven't gotten hold of an admin yet to put the new version online, but for now you can get it here.
You can also get the video manual there in case you can't find it at www.stoxpoker.com/videos.

There's some new features in the new version. I'll make the release anouncement when everything is officially online.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #135
Kvacke
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 196
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

I downloaded the program from the the link in the post above. There is a message that says that i should "before the installastion take away one file"

Is this something i have to do if i have downloade stoxpoker ev before only? As it is now this is the first time i will try stoxpoker ev and i used the link above to download it to my computer. Before I try to install it now I should take away that file or have I missed someting?
Kvacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #136
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvacke View Post
I downloaded the program from the the link in the post above. There is a message that says that i should "before the installastion take away one file"

Is this something i have to do if i have downloade stoxpoker ev before only? As it is now this is the first time i will try stoxpoker ev and i used the link above to download it to my computer. Before I try to install it now I should take away that file or have I missed someting?
If it's the first time then it should work just fine.
That remark just applies to if it's already on your computer since the installer doesn't overwrite the StoxEV_E.exe file.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #137
dirk
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 172
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Any chance of adding the ability to program subroutines? I'd love to be able to find a profitable range for one player in a given situation and then use this new range to generate a range for the other player etc.
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:16 AM   #138
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,606
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***


Ok i have seen the help vids but i have no idea what i did wrong
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:27 AM   #139
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post

Ok i have seen the help vids but i have no idea what i did wrong
In case of an EV run:

Let's say the flop is K72 rainbow.
The program checks the first action ("Bet 3.12") and goes over it's condition(s).
None of the conditions match.
The program tries to go to the next action.
There is none.
The program gives an error that no action was found in a certain situation.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #140
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Any chance of adding the ability to program subroutines? I'd love to be able to find a profitable range for one player in a given situation and then use this new range to generate a range for the other player etc.
I have bigger plans .
But if they fail this would provide a reasonable solution.
Thanks!
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #141
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,606
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
In case of an EV run:

Let's say the flop is K72 rainbow.
The program checks the first action ("Bet 3.12") and goes over it's condition(s).
None of the conditions match.
The program tries to go to the next action.
There is none.
The program gives an error that no action was found in a certain situation.
i guess i did something wrong but the action for the button where it says i told it to raise 3.12 with a st8 or better yet it says i did not give an action at that point.
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #142
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post
i guess i did something wrong but the action for the button where it says i told it to raise 3.12 with a st8 or better yet it says i did not give an action at that point.
Because it has come across a hand where you don't have a straight or better and it doesn't know what to do now.
You still need to tell the program what to do with the other hands.

For instance:
If you only want to know the percentage of times you have >=straight then you don't need to enter an entire tree. Just enter what the program should do with all other hands (I've added "fold all other hands") and press F5:


If you want to know the EV then you do need a complete tree and press F7. I've made the button go all in with >=set here and fold all other hands:

Last edited by scylla; 05-08-2008 at 06:04 AM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #143
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,606
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post
i guess i did something wrong but the action for the button where it says i told it to raise 3.12 with a st8 or better yet it says i did not give an action at that point.
ok i got it to work but it brings up a couple more questions for me
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #144
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,606
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
Because it has come across a hand where you don't have a straight or better and it doesn't know what to do now.
You still need to tell the program what to do with the other hands.

For instance:
If you only want to know the percentage of times you have >=straight then you don't need to enter an entire tree. Just enter what the program should do with all other hands (I've added "fold all other hands") and press F5:


If you want to know the EV then you do need a complete tree and press F7. I've made the button go all in with >=set here and fold all other hands:
ty
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 AM   #145
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,606
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***


ok in this example it says the ev is -0.07
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #146
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,606
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***



this is the same sample but i just added 1 pair + a fd to the villans calling range yet the ev comes out exactly the same. How can this be as he is now paying me off more often.
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #147
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post


this is the same sample but i just added 1 pair + a fd to the villans calling range yet the ev comes out exactly the same. How can this be as he is now paying me off more often.
In the situation with only tp that part of the tree is reached something like 0.22% of the time (3.12%*9.72%).
In the second part it's now reached 0.4% of the time.
Neiter situation will have a significant impact on the UTG+1's EV at the point of the call.

The EV of the scenarios where the UTG+1 folds 97.8% of his hands is 97.8*-0.08=-$0.078.
The scenario's you are looking at now have such a small impact on the total EV (because they occur so rarely) that they only gain you a few cents.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #148
dirk
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 172
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

you're my hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
I have bigger plans .
But if they fail this would provide a reasonable solution.
Thanks!
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #149
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,300
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

Hi guys,

Although most of you probably already have the latest version, I hereby release if officially:
http://mediaserver2.stoxpoker.com:80.../stoxev112.msi

For proper installation:
- Dowload the file to disk before running it, otherwise it may crash.
- If you have installed a previous version, manually remove the StoxEv_E.exe file before installing because the installer doesn't overwrite existing files.

New features:

-Hand history imports:
Import hands from Full tilt, pokerstars, ipoker, party and prima by pressing F3 and copy pasting the hand history. After doing this, please check if everything is imported correctly. Pay particular attention to antes. They should be deducted from the stack and added to "extra money in pot" under game properties (Ctrl+F1). Also, report anything going wrong with people disconnecting or sitting out. Report any bugs to stoxpoker_ev@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.

-Improvement in small fields for ICM
ICM model is now the mathematical solution if both the number of players and the number of prizes is at most 8 (otherwise it's too slow and an approximation is used).

-Notes feature
Press Alt+N to add a note to your file. The note will be shown in the upper left. In case of a hand history import the hand history will be copied to the note. It is also possible to add a note to a decision button or an action. Hover over it and click Alt+N. To read it, also hover over it and click Alt+N.

-New button in boardselection
New button in boardselection window on turn and river, "Select all remaining". Will save you a lot of clicking when creating layers.

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #150
iSTRONG
Pooh-Bah
 
iSTRONG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,731
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.0.9 released***

This program is so sick. Most useful poker software I've ever used by far (ok, maybe PT/PA but it's close). It's a bit worrying tho because if a bot could do this in real time, it would beat most online players.
iSTRONG is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online