Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #176
VTChess
Pooh-Bah
 
VTChess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Doing the happy dance
Posts: 4,463
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Survivor Survivor thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/15...-here-1415515/
VTChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #177
nit3.runn3r
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
nit3.runn3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I Have Jungle Fever, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,859
Cool. I'm in. Never done one of these before. Have done something similar at work and with friends for survivor and big brother.
nit3.runn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #178
JB91
veteran
 
JB91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brrap Brrap Pew Pew
Posts: 2,700
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Rob Has a Podcast did their season preview yesterday. A decent listen if you've got the time.
JB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #179
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 57,298
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

what does the winner of Survivor Survivor get??
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #180
KansasCT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KansasCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Kansas City Shuffle
Posts: 8,492
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

if we look at past winners, accusations of reading spoilers.
KansasCT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #181
jmill
Freak you Bobo Fett
 
jmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth, Jupiter, Mars
Posts: 18,957
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasCT View Post
if we look at past winners, accusations of reading spoilers.
I highly doubt other winners will receive as many accusations as swag.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #182
OppositeAttract
veteran
 
OppositeAttract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Blaming it on the Rain
Posts: 2,674
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
what does the winner of Survivor Survivor get??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnTJcjPhY
Making there be no reason to cheat.
OppositeAttract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #183
ReAnimator
journeyman
 
ReAnimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: #SPYSHACK
Posts: 299
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill View Post
I highly doubt other winners will receive as many accusations as swag.
To be fair there is a large contingent of people who like to accuse others of spoilers in here based on very little.

In my first SS i had a perfect first 5 weeks, and a low post count, which was more than enough for people to claim i was cheating and be put on ignore lists, even though all of my picks made total sense (young useless girls first, and confrontational men if memory serves).
ReAnimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #184
jmill
Freak you Bobo Fett
 
jmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth, Jupiter, Mars
Posts: 18,957
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
To be fair there is a large contingent of people who like to accuse others of spoilers in here based on very little.

In my first SS i had a perfect first 5 weeks, and a low post count, which was more than enough for people to claim i was cheating and be put on ignore lists, even though all of my picks made total sense (young useless girls first, and confrontational men if memory serves).
You had a perfect game after 3 weeks. Went Allie/Hope/Brandon. I know you've mentioned it before, but I'm not sure the claim that people were accusing you of cheating and putting you on ignore was correct. Swag is the only one who really accused you of cheating, and he was doing it jokingly (which you acknowledged in a post) in reference to people accusing him. Other posters defended you about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by swag_check View Post
No way ReAnimator is playing a perfect game 3 weeks in unless he reads spoilers, I'm putting him on ignore for the rest of the season and if he goes on to win he should be barred from entering S-S III.

Am I doing it right Spike?


RIP The Rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfish1 View Post
Pretty suspicious but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If he's right next week I'll put on ignore.
This is the only post that mentions putting you on ignore, and it also mentions giving you the benefit of the doubt. Also wouldn't be surprised if it was sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDjib View Post
I think playing a perfect game 3 or 4 weeks into a season is hardly enough of an oddity to exclude somebody from the game. Stranger things have happened and really if someone is that bored that they feel the need to win a game on a forum by cheating, I say leave them to it.

Week 4: Sherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.S. View Post
Legit LOL that swag of all people is calling someone out for being spoiled because they picked Allie and Hope. GMAFB. If anything, it's embarrassing for the rest of us that only one person is perfect so far.

My week 4 pick is Shamar. I might as well burn him while he looks about as safe as he's ever going to get.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #185
ReAnimator
journeyman
 
ReAnimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: #SPYSHACK
Posts: 299
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Haha, well played sir, i have a pretty spotty memory, and i am way too lazy to dig into old posts to do this level of research.
I tip my hat.

Besides me being obviously wrong in this example, it's not like there has been a shortage of nitty people who throw out "spoiled" accusations against people in these threads. Or at least that's been my impression.

(could have sworn it was 5 weeks, i'm a legend in my own mind)
ReAnimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #186
jmill
Freak you Bobo Fett
 
jmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth, Jupiter, Mars
Posts: 18,957
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Heh. I really just wanted to make you feel better about not having accusations thrown at you in future Survivor Survivor threads. In my experience anyways a lot of it has been directed at one poster.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #187
ReAnimator
journeyman
 
ReAnimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: #SPYSHACK
Posts: 299
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

i'll take solace in the fact that you were trying to make me feel better rather than elaborately pointing out that i'm a liar and really poor at gauging peoples feelings and intentions. =P
ReAnimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #188
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,797
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

I love that my post backs ReAm while simultaneously criticizing the rest of us for collectively being too dumb...and then I picked Shamar (who obviously went home that week). I'm so bad at Survivor-Survivor that you can call me Gary Wise.

(This is my not-at-all-subtle prodding of Gary to return to this thread.)
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #189
K.O.S.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
K.O.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Spy Shack
Posts: 20,797
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT

I just finished the 3-hour D&C interview with Hatch, and I want my three hours back (due to no fault of Colin/Dom). Between this podcast and his last couple appearances on RHAP, I've come to the conclusion that Hatch is a terrible guest in this type of medium. He rambles on and on about things that I can't imagine anyone listening actually cares about, and while he provides some interesting nuggets throughout the show, you have to sift through so much filler that it's not even worth it. While I do not have enough knowledge on his legal issues to make any claim on what has been fairly/unfairly done to him, my lack of knowledge mainly stems from the fact that I couldn't possibly care any less about it. I don't think he lacks self-awareness, as I consider him to be an incredibly bright guy, so it seems as if he just uses these shows as a pulpit for his complaining.

Specifically, I was disappointed with his discussion of the F3. His confession that he would have taken the wrong person to the end (like Colby did) just to honor his word blew me away, and I was annoyed that he twice dodged Dom's question about who his ideal F2 competitor was. I was waiting for him to say, "I obviously wanted to take Sue!" but he just never got there. Also, his belief that whoever wins deserves it is something that frustrates me considering his level of intelligence. He mentioned not being sure if Greg would vote for him, so had he not done so, I don't think Hatch would be saying Kelly "deserved" it more than him when he was clearly the mastermind. He loves to talk about how he wants the show to cast more thinkers, yet he simultaneously defends the wins of people like Fabio over Sash or Amber over Boston Rob? What sense does that make?

I will say, though, that he's obviously a bucket list kind of guy to get, so I'm certainly glad you guys got him on the show. His nuggets about cheating, production interference, etc. were fascinating...I just wish he would have actually talked about them for more than 15 seconds.
K.O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #190
VTChess
Pooh-Bah
 
VTChess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Doing the happy dance
Posts: 4,463
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

ReAnimator, a couple people may have randomly wondered if you were legit when you showed up as a completely new account on 2+2 and were perfect after 3 weeks, but nobody has actually come anywhere close to being branded as a cheater except for swag. And the reason for that goes far behind the fact that he's won it twice, it's his arrogance and disdain for any opinion that is different from his (which happens to always be right). Go figure.
VTChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #191
ReAnimator
journeyman
 
ReAnimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: #SPYSHACK
Posts: 299
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTChess View Post
ReAnimator, a couple people may have randomly wondered if you were legit when you showed up as a completely new account on 2+2 and were perfect after 3 weeks, but nobody has actually come anywhere close to being branded as a cheater except for swag. And the reason for that goes far behind the fact that he's won it twice, it's his arrogance and disdain for any opinion that is different from his (which happens to always be right). Go figure.
I was fully willing to defend swag before in SS, but not now. His picks really didn't seem that outlandish, but given everything else yeah. It just couldn’t' wrap my head around why people would cheat on a game with nothing at stake but here we are, thanks internet for constantly destroying any remaining faith anyone would have in humanity.
ReAnimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #192
SuchASimpleMachine
journeyman
 
SuchASimpleMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Radford Manor
Posts: 246
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Oops, wrong thread. Anyways, yeah, I'm in for Survivor Survivor as long as nobody spoils it.

Last edited by SuchASimpleMachine; 02-10-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: wrong thread
SuchASimpleMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #193
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,962
I'm quite pleased to see how high Pavarti was rated on RHAP's miss survivor.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #194
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,057
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

I just realized I confused Garrett with Gareth on the Thinking Poker podcasts. However, I HAVE listened to Garrett on Bart Hanson's old podcasts.

Listened to RHAP's preseason talk today. I'm looking forward for the season to start. I think the cast has promise.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:20 AM   #195
fernythrills
veteran
 
fernythrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in the spy shack
Posts: 3,145
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.S. View Post
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT

I just finished the 3-hour D&C interview with Hatch, and I want my three hours back (due to no fault of Colin/Dom). Between this podcast and his last couple appearances on RHAP, I've come to the conclusion that Hatch is a terrible guest in this type of medium. He rambles on and on about things that I can't imagine anyone listening actually cares about, and while he provides some interesting nuggets throughout the show, you have to sift through so much filler that it's not even worth it. While I do not have enough knowledge on his legal issues to make any claim on what has been fairly/unfairly done to him, my lack of knowledge mainly stems from the fact that I couldn't possibly care any less about it. I don't think he lacks self-awareness, as I consider him to be an incredibly bright guy, so it seems as if he just uses these shows as a pulpit for his complaining.

Specifically, I was disappointed with his discussion of the F3. His confession that he would have taken the wrong person to the end (like Colby did) just to honor his word blew me away, and I was annoyed that he twice dodged Dom's question about who his ideal F2 competitor was. I was waiting for him to say, "I obviously wanted to take Sue!" but he just never got there. Also, his belief that whoever wins deserves it is something that frustrates me considering his level of intelligence. He mentioned not being sure if Greg would vote for him, so had he not done so, I don't think Hatch would be saying Kelly "deserved" it more than him when he was clearly the mastermind. He loves to talk about how he wants the show to cast more thinkers, yet he simultaneously defends the wins of people like Fabio over Sash or Amber over Boston Rob? What sense does that make?

I will say, though, that he's obviously a bucket list kind of guy to get, so I'm certainly glad you guys got him on the show. His nuggets about cheating, production interference, etc. were fascinating...I just wish he would have actually talked about them for more than 15 seconds.
Agree with a lot of your points (although I still enjoyed the podcast).

He did definitely dodge some of the more interesting questions and ramble over the more general ones.

The F3 thing was disappointing for me (similar to when Yau-Man said he would have taken Earl), although it was cool that he was honest about it. Would have been very easy to claim that he would have voted Rudy out there given the chance.
fernythrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #196
Cleary89
old hand
 
Cleary89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Land down under
Posts: 1,321
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

In for SS until swag posts then I'll block him.
Cleary89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #197
Didace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Didace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,143
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.S. View Post
What sense does that make?
He understands the game.
Didace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #198
Soncy
Pooh-Bah
 
Soncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homeward Bound
Posts: 5,057
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.S. View Post
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT

I just finished the 3-hour D&C interview with Hatch, and I want my three hours back (due to no fault of Colin/Dom). Between this podcast and his last couple appearances on RHAP, I've come to the conclusion that Hatch is a terrible guest in this type of medium. He rambles on and on about things that I can't imagine anyone listening actually cares about, and while he provides some interesting nuggets throughout the show, you have to sift through so much filler that it's not even worth it. While I do not have enough knowledge on his legal issues to make any claim on what has been fairly/unfairly done to him, my lack of knowledge mainly stems from the fact that I couldn't possibly care any less about it. I don't think he lacks self-awareness, as I consider him to be an incredibly bright guy, so it seems as if he just uses these shows as a pulpit for his complaining.

Specifically, I was disappointed with his discussion of the F3. His confession that he would have taken the wrong person to the end (like Colby did) just to honor his word blew me away, and I was annoyed that he twice dodged Dom's question about who his ideal F2 competitor was. I was waiting for him to say, "I obviously wanted to take Sue!" but he just never got there. Also, his belief that whoever wins deserves it is something that frustrates me considering his level of intelligence. He mentioned not being sure if Greg would vote for him, so had he not done so, I don't think Hatch would be saying Kelly "deserved" it more than him when he was clearly the mastermind. He loves to talk about how he wants the show to cast more thinkers, yet he simultaneously defends the wins of people like Fabio over Sash or Amber over Boston Rob? What sense does that make?

I will say, though, that he's obviously a bucket list kind of guy to get, so I'm certainly glad you guys got him on the show. His nuggets about cheating, production interference, etc. were fascinating...I just wish he would have actually talked about them for more than 15 seconds.
I enjoyed the Hatch cast. I think his bit about making the common mistake of thinking that other people think like he does is pretty valid. And his understanding of that is why he is able to come to grips with a Fabio/Amber win.

The jury isn't given a criteria that they need to use in order to cast their vote. If they highly value a person's general kindness and likability, they may (and probably will) use those factors in deciding where to put their vote. If they highly value a person's skill and determination in the challenges, they may use those factors in deciding where to put their vote. If they highly value a person's work ethic and general consideration of others... If they think Survivor is only about pulling one over on everybody, or maybe they even highly value a person's ability to deceive and manipulate (because it's considered appropriate in this setting, or even because that's just how they are)...it will drive their vote.

It takes all kinds.

Or...what Didace said.

Even so, crying shame that Amber won that season.
Soncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #199
sufur
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sufur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didace View Post
He understands the game.


Edit. +1 to Soncy, LDO.

I think luck is a bigger factor than others seem too, so I disagree with the notion that whoever won was the person who deserved to win most.
sufur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #200
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 57,298
Re: Survivor Cagayan - S28 - Brains vs. Beauty vs Brawn

I don't get it. How hard is it to choose someone that isn't going home three weeks in a row?? Isn't that the point of the game?
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Š 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online