Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

High Stakes PL Omaha Discussion of 2/4 and above pot-limit Omaha poker

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #26
Schwein
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Numbers dont lie
Posts: 115
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnel View Post
Schweine, you can't receive pm's. You wrote in your OP that you found 10+ accounts but only posted those that played daily. Can you pm the sn of the others somehow (a friend of yours might have a account with more posts?) ?
I posted only those that are still around, I am not protecting anyone.

A massive thank you to potbet, somehow I missed one of those guys (IPushmyPrius). And yes I played with him and he has BB Agg equal to overall Agg and 3bet equal to sqz. (makes it 6 out of 6)

I am attaching a screenshot of him and another account from zoom 100.



They are both gone, I just hope its because they got caught.

Last edited by Schwein; 06-06-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #27
apo5tol
veteran
 
apo5tol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,217
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwein View Post
BB Agg equal to overall Agg. here we have it for 5 out 5 accounts in my DB.
i was kinda sceptical at first, but this is ringing alarm bells all over
apo5tol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #28
nwb123
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 83
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

this is just ridiculous, I am becoming paranoid, 80% of the most winning players on plo100-200, even some 400+ regs are bots?!? If true, I don't think I would be able to trust a poker site again...
nwb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #29
OstapBender
centurion
 
OstapBender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your brain
Posts: 180
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

In my opinion (based on many hands played against most of the players mentioned here) it's very unlikely they are all use a full automated bot. Can confirm Serega tilting/playing very aggressive on a heater and Fedor chatting once in a while/adjusting his plays frequently (not the best indicator against being a bot but worth mentioning).
At the same time I also can confirm the striking stat similarities in some postflop scenarios. But also different stats in others.
I think it's most likely that they use the same training source or share strategies. Might also be that only some of them are bots or neither of them. But unlikely that they all are. But just my opinion, not ruling anything out.
OstapBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:14 PM   #30
Oink
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Retired
Posts: 10,274
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

The bots from PLO100 were banned in february and march. Looks like Prius and Stud were banned around the same time. Maybe thats why a bunch og zoom regs got refunds as well...?
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #31
Schwein
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Numbers dont lie
Posts: 115
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink View Post
The bots from PLO100 were banned in february and march. Looks like Prius and Stud were banned around the same time. Maybe thats why a bunch og zoom regs got refunds as well...?
Can you confirm they were banned, and didnt simply stop playing? Not doubting, just asking.
Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #32
Oink
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Retired
Posts: 10,274
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Someone posten an e-mail in the thread in SSPLO, where Stars acknowlegded players had been banned. But no specific names where mentioned. All the russian bots stopped playing in february and march tho. So educated guess saus they got banned
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #33
happyfister
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

I dont understand much about stats and data but i can not believe that this is true

also saw some of the guys chatting while playing
happyfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #34
Schwein
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Numbers dont lie
Posts: 115
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAisaOK View Post
Samanta has replied to me in chat before. That's mean def not bot right?
That only means a human is present at all times, or sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwb123 View Post
This is indeed huge...
Have always seen similarities in some spots in some of the mentioned players. I do play on a daily basis with almost all of them. Let me know how I can help for the investigation. Would more complaints to stars urge the investigation or should i just try to find spots, in which they play very similarly.

Btw if it is a person clicking buttons looking at a program that does all decisions for him, I believe stars are fine with this; there was a similar thread about a HUSNG program with same features and it was not banned, as it was the player clicking the buttons.
That really depends on the program, but in general they are anything but fine about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstapBender View Post
In my opinion (based on many hands played against most of the players mentioned here) it's very unlikely they are all use a full automated bot. Can confirm Serega tilting/playing very aggressive on a heater and Fedor chatting once in a while/adjusting his plays frequently (not the best indicator against being a bot but worth mentioning).
At the same time I also can confirm the striking stat similarities in some postflop scenarios. But also different stats in others.
I think it's most likely that they use the same training source or share strategies. Might also be that only some of them are bots or neither of them. But unlikely that they all are. But just my opinion, not ruling anything out.
I dont think they are fully automated, but its a bit irrelevant what I think, I will try to stick to the facts and leave the speculations to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwb123 View Post
this is just ridiculous, I am becoming paranoid, 80% of the most winning players on plo100-200, even some 400+ regs are bots?!? If true, I don't think I would be able to trust a poker site again...
Oink just confirmed Stars banned half of these guys and the rest will follow now. I fully trust Stars to do whatever they can to protect the integrity of the games and you should do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo5tol View Post
i was kinda sceptical at first, but this is ringing alarm bells all over
Pleased to hear it. I dont recognize you from the tables, are you Russian by any chance or know any of those accounts in person?

I dont have a problem with Russians in general, there are legit and honest Russian players that are beating the games, for example ItsMyTurrn or Shuller_A1t and many others.
Its not like I have a vendetta against one nation and lump them all together.

Last edited by Schwein; 06-06-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #35
Oink
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Retired
Posts: 10,274
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink View Post
Someone posten an e-mail in the thread in SSPLO, where Stars acknowlegded players had been banned. But no specific names where mentioned. All the russian bots stopped playing in february and march tho. So educated guess saus they got banned

I was on my phone. Here is a copy paste of the emial Stars sent FreeWilly.

Hello xxxxxx,

Greetings from PokerStars.

At the outset, I would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken for us to get back to you on this matter. Please understand that this was a particularly complex investigation. We are unable to comment on an investigation that is ongoing, and we wanted to take the time to ensure that we reached the correct resolution.

We are now able to confirm that we have closed a number of these accounts which were found to be violating our Terms of Service. If you were deemed to have been harmed by unfair play as a result of these violations, you should have received a compensatory credit by now, as well as an email notifying you of the credit.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us with your concerns. We want a clean game just as much as you do - both PokerStars and you directly benefit from honest and fair games, and we want to work constructively with you (and anyone else, for that matter) to ensure that our games are fair.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Best of luck at the tables!

Regards,

Ian Y
PokerStars Game Integrity Team


http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...5&postcount=57


No names are confirmed. However, I think its safe to assume, that said players are the ones who stopped playing.

Players who stopped playing after crushing:

totalsuccess (Russia)
topdog669 (Russia)
thoughtsaway (Russia)
RichardLionH (Russia)
smellurbux (Russia)
Razdavay7 (Kazakhstan).
Phantorin (Kazakhstan).

And now

IPushMyPrius and DRNKStud

Gonna go barbecue, get drunk and watch Juve **** all over Messi now. Apparently Chiellini is out, so Suarez prolly already had his dinner
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #36
KingOfSwings
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 109
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

in before Josem claims stars knew about it
KingOfSwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #37
apo5tol
veteran
 
apo5tol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,217
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwein View Post

Pleased to hear it. I dont recognize you from the tables, are you Russian by any chance or know any of those accounts in person?

I dont have a problem with Russians in general, there are legit and honest Russian players that are beating the games, for example ItsMyTurrn or Shuller_A1t and many others.
Its not like I have a vendetta against one nation and lump them all together.
I'm Shuller.

From looking around and talking to people over on russian forums i can confirm with almost 100% certainty that Samanta is a legit human grinder. He has a blog there which he updates regularly, plays some mtt's as well.
apo5tol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #38
TeHKai
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

samanta is a human 99.9%, some plays are really strange and seem tilty but im concerned about some of the other accounts...
TeHKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #39
papahook
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

I play against those accounts a lot, happy to help if needed. Pretty skeptical that those accounts are bots but I really appreciate the work some of you put in this.
papahook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #40
Schwein
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Numbers dont lie
Posts: 115
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by papahook View Post
I play against those accounts a lot, happy to help if needed. Pretty skeptical that those accounts are bots but I really appreciate the work some of you put in this.
Yes anyone can help.

I need someone who played alot of hands with the already banned accounts to step forward and post.

(BB Agg, Overall Agg) and (3bet,sqz)

for the following accounts:

totalsuccess (Russia)
topdog669 (Russia)
thoughtsaway (Russia)
RichardLionH (Russia)
smellurbux (Russia)
Razdavay7 (Kazakhstan).
Phantorin (Kazakhstan)
IPushmyPrius
DRNKStud

Please dont post if you have less then 5k hands on them (filter for 6 handed only).

BB Agg=Overall Agg and 3bet=sqz is true for all of 6 accounts that are in my DB, even though its extremely rare for any other winning player. I provided evidence here http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...3&postcount=24
Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #41
papahook
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

I play and played against accounts in OP, not these. Have like 10k hands on some of them.
papahook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #42
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: AAHAHAHAHA I ACCIDENTLY
Posts: 3,849
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink View Post
I was on my phone. Here is a copy paste of the emial Stars sent FreeWilly.

Hello xxxxxx,

Greetings from PokerStars.

At the outset, I would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken for us to get back to you on this matter. Please understand that this was a particularly complex investigation. We are unable to comment on an investigation that is ongoing, and we wanted to take the time to ensure that we reached the correct resolution.

We are now able to confirm that we have closed a number of these accounts which were found to be violating our Terms of Service. If you were deemed to have been harmed by unfair play as a result of these violations, you should have received a compensatory credit by now, as well as an email notifying you of the credit.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us with your concerns. We want a clean game just as much as you do - both PokerStars and you directly benefit from honest and fair games, and we want to work constructively with you (and anyone else, for that matter) to ensure that our games are fair.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Best of luck at the tables!

Regards,

Ian Y
PokerStars Game Integrity Team


http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...5&postcount=57


No names are confirmed. However, I think its safe to assume, that said players are the ones who stopped playing.

Players who stopped playing after crushing:

totalsuccess (Russia)
topdog669 (Russia)
thoughtsaway (Russia)
RichardLionH (Russia)
smellurbux (Russia)
Razdavay7 (Kazakhstan).
Phantorin (Kazakhstan).

And now

IPushMyPrius and DRNKStud

Gonna go barbecue, get drunk and watch Juve **** all over Messi now. Apparently Chiellini is out, so Suarez prolly already had his dinner


Its pretty ****ing disgusting, I bet Stars didnt even know about it until the players have to dig it up these scum-****s with EXTENSIVE research.

Yet Pokerstars claims to spend millions to deter cheaters and bot users. LOL. The number of bots that exist still on Stars in low stakes is probably staggering.

Anything to save a buck, Amaya?
WateryBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #43
-Zatoichi-
centurion
 
-Zatoichi-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 165
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

I've been wondering what happened to Prius. The account used to play a lot. It definitely seemed to tilt and change strategy sometimes.
-Zatoichi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #44
naggeri
adept
 
naggeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Budapest
Posts: 957
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Seregaxx is not a bot. Used to chat with him. He writes not prewritten answers.
Plus i see him monkeytilting previously.
Emperor is suspicous at least he never chats but based on his timing i would say he is not a bot but obv it is not that huge evidence.
Regarding zoom regs i dont have any info.

Last edited by naggeri; 06-06-2015 at 04:32 PM.
naggeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #45
shimmy
adept
 
shimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London England innit.
Posts: 909
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo5tol View Post
i have my suspicions about some of the above, but fairly certain Samanta and FedorZ arent bots
+1. I've seen Samanta tilt for sure.
shimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #46
naggeri
adept
 
naggeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Budapest
Posts: 957
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

I think they sharing hands or learning together but i doubt they would be bots.
But if you think the stats are so close or shows so many similarities than they should be bots.
naggeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:48 PM   #47
Scar18
adept
 
Scar18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 917
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

I wonder how long until pokerstars have to implement an esea (for those of you familiar with counter strike) style client? for those who arent its an anti-cheat software that runs constantly in the background and has access to every file on your computer.

im big on privacy but if it allows me to continue making a living im down with it.

I dont have any stats due new comp and DB but pretty sure Pushmyprius and Susanin arent bots - they were both terrible. doesnt mean they werent breaking other TOS to get banned though
Scar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #48
/tsukaimelol
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
How does it make sense for people running a SS/MSPLO botring with winning bots to have a 9-5 job five days a week?

If their 9-5 is worth enough money to keep them from running the bots full time, then it's unlikely that they would have spent the time and energy to create the bots in the first place

If creating the bots is worth it, then it's unlikely that they stay with their 9-5

Random thought... I have nothing else to add.

edit: or do you mean that they run the bots as if it was a 9-5 job? if so excuse my post lol
What i think they mean is that someone else created the bots, and has people hired to play out the actions and do like a 30-70/50-50 or whatever split, the 9-5 is just the job of people who click buttons
/tsukaimelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #49
naggeri
adept
 
naggeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Budapest
Posts: 957
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zatoichi- View Post
I've been wondering what happened to Prius. The account used to play a lot. It definitely seemed to tilt and change strategy sometimes.
Yes.. and if i remember correctly he opened tables as well. what kind of bot can open a table to play hu and than play3-6 handed game with good strategy??? I am really courious why he was banned but maybe cardsharing? Or some kind of collusion ?
naggeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #50
Nobel1
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pokerstars - We were POKER
Posts: 607
Re: Massive bot ring on PokerStars and how to spot them

This all sounds really scary.

Tilting and replying in chat does not necessary have to mean those acounts are not bots. There could be a human monitoring all the bots and just randomly pick one acount each day to play himself ?! Or is this too far fetched?
Nobel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online