Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

RPM Poker Sponsored Support Forum for RPM Poker: Longest-Tenured Merge Brand on 2+2

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
RPMSeth
Deactivated Rep Account
 
RPMSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: RPM Poker
Posts: 1,768
RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Hi folks,

I am creating this thread for all general questions that you can't find an answer to with the search feature.

If you're not sure where to ask a question, ask here instead of creating a new thread.

Best,
RPM Seth
RPMSeth is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
A_Ivanovich
centurion
 
A_Ivanovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 156
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Hey Seth, I know there have been alot of questions about opting into the Monday and Thursday hand promotions and you have stated as long as we send the email, we are in. Does this carry over indefinitely from month to month, or do we have to opt back in each month? Thanks!

-Ivan
A_Ivanovich is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
RPMSeth
Deactivated Rep Account
 
RPMSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: RPM Poker
Posts: 1,768
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Yes, this carries over month to month. No need to email again after you've emailed once. As long as this promotion is running, you're opted in.
RPMSeth is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
waq
veteran
 
waq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In love with Sugar
Posts: 2,700
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

I guess you can ignore my email then.

How is it determined how long we can sit out at a cash table?
waq is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
infamous technique
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Looking to deposit tomorrow (USA), how exactly does the cash transfer deposit method work?

Is it similar to Echecks using a bank account?

TY
infamous technique is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
DaviBocce
journeyman
 
DaviBocce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fighting Disconnections
Posts: 264
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

hi Seth, I have a question on shared player pool. I understand for cash games, it's one giant player pool shared among all merge skins. Is the same true for SNGs and tournaments? Say I want to play 45-man SNGs, will I be playing against people logged in from RPM and other skins?

This is important for me because I am a high-volume SNG player and need to be able to sustain a high number of tables.

I am also curious if SNG player pool is indeed shared, how it works. Does all skins have interchangable SNG structure so that players can be mixed together?

Last edited by RPMSeth; 05-01-2011 at 10:37 PM.
DaviBocce is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
RPMSeth
Deactivated Rep Account
 
RPMSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: RPM Poker
Posts: 1,768
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviBocce View Post
hi Seth, I have a question on shared player pool. I understand for cash games, it's one giant player pool shared among all merge skins. Is the same true for SNGs and tournaments? Say I want to play 45-man SNGs, will I be playing against people logged in from RPM and other skins?

This is important for me because I am a high-volume SNG player and need to be able to sustain a high number of tables.

I am also curious if SNG player pool is indeed shared, how it works. Does all skins have interchangable SNG structure so that players can be mixed together?
Yes, you will be playing against users playing on other skins, not just players on RPM. All skins use the same SNG structure for network-wide SNG tournaments.
RPMSeth is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
DaviBocce
journeyman
 
DaviBocce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fighting Disconnections
Posts: 264
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMSeth View Post
Yes, you will be playing against users playing on other skins, not just players on RPM. All skins use the same SNG structure for network-wide SNG tournaments.
Thanks Seth! Are there RPM specific SNGs? Are the typical 18-man / 45-man / 180-man SNGs network-wide? (that would make sense because they require a large number of players but just wanted to make sure).
DaviBocce is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
RPMSeth
Deactivated Rep Account
 
RPMSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: RPM Poker
Posts: 1,768
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviBocce View Post
Thanks Seth! Are there RPM specific SNGs? Are the typical 18-man / 45-man / 180-man SNGs network-wide? (that would make sense because they require a large number of players but just wanted to make sure).
All of the typical SNGs are network wide, yes!
RPMSeth is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
DaviBocce
journeyman
 
DaviBocce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fighting Disconnections
Posts: 264
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMSeth View Post
All of the typical SNGs are network wide, yes!
Excellent. Thanks!
DaviBocce is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #11
infamous technique
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous technique View Post
Looking to deposit tomorrow (USA), how exactly does the cash transfer deposit method work?

Is it similar to Echecks using a bank account?

TY
Nvm

I have done some searching and found all the information I needed. It Seems I will be holding off as the deposit methods are extremely limited for US players, given the current state of online poker. I may give my Visa a shot tomorrow, but from what I've been reading it seems likely to be declined.

Last edited by infamous technique; 05-02-2011 at 02:15 AM.
infamous technique is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous technique View Post
Nvm

I have done some searching and found all the information I needed. It Seems I will be holding off as the deposit methods are extremely limited for US players, given the current state of online poker. I may give my Visa a shot tomorrow, but from what I've been reading it seems likely to be declined.
My VISA was just declined, I just went to Cash Transfer to see the options punched in 100.00 to see what my options would be. I hope I didnt screw it up for tomorrow. Does everything remain the same for tomorrow?
caseycjc is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
NSeverson
adept
 
NSeverson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 808
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Cash Transfer worked very easily for me. Just start the process then head to your nearest WU branch and come back and enter the MTCN
NSeverson is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
antneye
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
antneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fighting for my right to play poker
Posts: 6,362
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Seth,

Can you let us know if Merge will consider addressing the excessive rake structure, especially as it relates to limit hold'em? The issue is summed up nicely in this thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...oldem-1029288/

As a limit Hold'em player this is a big issue for me. Especially since my stakes are right in the heart of the area that gets impacted the most- 2/4 and 3/6.

They have to be hearing a lot about the rake structure and I am really hoping they do something about it. I want to make this my new home, but not if the game is unbeatable based on the rake structure.

As I said in another thread, think long term. You have great customer service. If you go to an industry standard rake structure you will dominate the post BF online world.
Thanks!
antneye is online now  
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
RPMSeth
Deactivated Rep Account
 
RPMSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: RPM Poker
Posts: 1,768
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by waq View Post

How is it determined how long we can sit out at a cash table?
Players who are sitting out are booted after 10 minutes or 3 orbits - whichever comes first!
RPMSeth is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #16
waq
veteran
 
waq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In love with Sugar
Posts: 2,700
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Thank you Seth. PLO players will never get to 3 orbits. If it is FR they may not get to one orbit LOL.
waq is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #17
JimAfternoon
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JimAfternoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On Location
Posts: 6,904
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycjc View Post
My VISA was just declined, I just went to Cash Transfer to see the options punched in 100.00 to see what my options would be. I hope I didnt screw it up for tomorrow. Does everything remain the same for tomorrow?
Yes.
JimAfternoon is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
FuzzyDunflop
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 848
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

when is Speedy Sunday paid out? is it weekly/monthly etc?

Play 25 DoN SNGs at the same limit and we'll give you 1 buy-in back!
FuzzyDunflop is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #19
RPMSeth
Deactivated Rep Account
 
RPMSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: RPM Poker
Posts: 1,768
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDunflop View Post
when is Speedy Sunday paid out? is it weekly/monthly etc?

Play 25 DoN SNGs at the same limit and we'll give you 1 buy-in back!
Generally it is paid weekly.
RPMSeth is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
thadarkman78
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,314
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Is there already a list of approved and prohibited software much like stars has on their site (I think FTP does too)? If not, are there any plans to make one? Obviously I know there are no rules against DBs, but knowing about other programs too would be good.
thadarkman78 is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #21
juicestain100
veteran
 
juicestain100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,048
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

It seems american players are having trouble depositing using there VISA cards. I was going to give it a shot. Would I have a better chance of it working if I were to use my VISA debit card over my VISA credit card? How about an ALL ACCESS VISA gift card? Do those work? Thanks!
juicestain100 is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #22
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

WU was simple, just send me the 12 bucks when you get a chance Seth
caseycjc is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #23
NSeverson
adept
 
NSeverson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 808
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicestain100 View Post
It seems american players are having trouble depositing using there VISA cards. I was going to give it a shot. Would I have a better chance of it working if I were to use my VISA debit card over my VISA credit card? How about an ALL ACCESS VISA gift card? Do those work? Thanks!
Visa has been touchy even before Black Friday. WU was very easy
NSeverson is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
juicestain100
veteran
 
juicestain100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,048
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

I'm sorry, but I just downloaded RPM and I don't see an option called WU. For options it gives me VISA, UsemyWallet, Click2play and Cash Transfer. What is WU?
juicestain100 is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #25
NSeverson
adept
 
NSeverson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 808
Re: RPM POKER BEGINNER/GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD

cash transfer = western union
NSeverson is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online