Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Internet Poker > Internet Poker > RPM Poker

Notices

RPM Poker Sponsored Support Forum for RPM Poker: Longest-Tenured Merge Brand on 2+2

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #76
grinder
 
manjondeere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: springfield
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
I have not won an all in (for a pot bigger than 10 bb's) where I'm behind by more than 65/35 in the past 40 games. Seems kinda
standard.

I agree.
manjondeere is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #77
veteran
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: way she goes
Posts: 2,554
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
I'm not saying anything definitive, but simply suggesting that I would not put such antics past them. Anyone care to disagree?
Respectfully, I disagree. I believe that if you fully understood variance, you would be much less inclined to entertain such notions. Here's the thread for it, in case you care to discuss it further.

forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/great-poker-rigged-debate-collected-threads-edition-255990/
Max Cut is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #78
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 290
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
Respectfully, I disagree. I believe that if you fully understood variance, you would be much less inclined to entertain such notions. Here's the thread for it, in case you care to discuss it further.

forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/great-poker-rigged-debate-collected-threads-edition-255990/
I already posted in there. How are you going to tell me I don't understand variance? I've played tens of thousands of MTT's and SNG's over the past 5+ yrs and never experienced anything even close to this. Plus I already said there is a case for variance, but at this point, it just seems the more unlikely of the 2 choices. So you respectfully disagree that there is even a possibility of cheating in this regard? If so, you need to brush up on your history of online poker...
serenity21 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #79
veteran
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: way she goes
Posts: 2,554
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
I already posted in there. How are you going to tell me I don't understand variance? I've played tens of thousands of MTT's and SNG's over the past 5+ yrs and never experienced anything even close to this.
The fact that you think experience insures understanding makes my belief even stronger.

Quote:
Plus I already said there is a case for variance, but at this point, it just seems the more unlikely of the 2 choices. So you respectfully disagree that there is even a possibility of cheating in this regard? If so, you need to brush up on your history of online poker...
No, I simply disagree with what you asked about:
Quote:
I'm not saying anything definitive, but simply suggesting that I would not put such antics past them. Anyone care to disagree?
Anyway, the thread I linked is a better place for such discussion.
Max Cut is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #80
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 290
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
The fact that you think experience insures understanding makes my belief even stronger.



No, I simply disagree with what you asked about:


Anyway, the thread I linked is a better place for such discussion.
You just contradicted yourself...stop arguing with me for argument's sake...
All I said is it's a possibility. I don't even understand what you're saying anymore once you agree it's possible...

P.S. I believe I understand the definition of variance as well as anyone here, given my past experience and the fact that I have a mathematical degree from NYU and am currently an actuary.
serenity21 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #81
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 290
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjondeere View Post
standard.

I agree.
So it's standard to never win a 2:1 shot in 40 tries? While losing 2:1's nonstop? Cash game variance is different from MTT's, because you approach hands/board textures very differently. So if you have not played tens of thousands of MTT's/SNG's, do not try to be a smart aleck.
serenity21 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #82
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: How do you dooo, Ken?
Posts: 3,937
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
When I said shady, I meant messing with board runouts to ensure recreational players win pots so that money stays on the site rather than being cashed out. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I know I am near the top ROI for mid-stakes MTT's and I understand variance. I am getting outdrawn to a point of going past bad luck. 34s beating my AQ on Axx for the chip lead late in a tourney. Getting 2 outered by 1010 against my JJ on 882. Literally nonstop for about my past 50+ games. Pretty much every game. I have also kept track that I have not won an all in (for a pot bigger than 10 bb's) where I'm behind by more than 65/35 in the past 40 games. Seems kinda unbelievable...
an actuary with a mathematics degree from NYU who claims he understand variance and yet still makes these comments? does not compute...

"sooner or later you will run worse than you ever thought possible"

online poker is not rigged. you're just running bad. play through it or take a break. never complain, adjust

make that money, don't let it make you

rabble rabble, squawk squawk

imo
TeflonDawg is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #83
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 290
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonDawg View Post
an actuary with a mathematics degree from NYU who claims he understand variance and yet still makes these comments? does not compute...

"sooner or later you will run worse than you ever thought possible"

online poker is not rigged. you're just running bad. play through it or take a break. never complain, adjust

make that money, don't let it make you

rabble rabble, squawk squawk

imo
Very possible I'm running bad. Simply noting that given the history of online poker (when at the time, people on UB and such sites thought it was just "run bad") and the timing of my run bad when Merge is already doing everything it can to keep deposited funds in hand, that it should not be 100% dismissed. This and the fact that another grinder in another thread recently brought up the same possibility independent of my experience as well certainly creates a notion that should be considered, however implausible one may believe it to be.

And yes I have a math degree from NYU. On the actuary note, no I am not yet a practicing actuary, but I recently completed the 2nd actuarial exam, which should allow me to have my choice of jobs in the field.

Instead of being too technical, just think of it like this. Take a die. Now try to avoid 1 and 2 and only hit 3,4,5,6 40 times in a row. Sure it's possible, but at some point you start to wonder if the die is rigged don't you?
serenity21 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #84
veteran
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: way she goes
Posts: 2,554
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
You just contradicted yourself...stop arguing with me for argument's sake...
All I said is it's a possibility. I don't even understand what you're saying anymore once you agree it's possible...

P.S. I believe I understand the definition of variance as well as anyone here, given my past experience and the fact that I have a mathematical degree from NYU and am currently an actuary.
I don't see the contradiction. Your original question was regarding if I would "put it past these guys". Your second was regarding if I believe it possible. I would put it past these guys (meaning I do not believe they would do it), but I do recognize the possibility that I am wrong.

Occam's razor suggests you have some error in your calculation. But since there is a possibility, however small, that you are correct, you can post in the appropriate thread and discuss it there. Then if your calculations and other evidence prove correct, you can post back here. Until then, it's best to keep the "rigged" posts out of here. Do you see why?
Max Cut is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #85
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 290
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
I don't see the contradiction. Your original question was regarding if I would "put it past these guys". Your second was regarding if I believe it possible. I would put it past these guys (meaning I do not believe they would do it), but I do recognize the possibility that I am wrong.

Occam's razor suggests you have some error in your calculation. But since there is a possibility, however small, that you are correct, you can post in the appropriate thread and discuss it there. Then if your calculations and other evidence prove correct, you can post back here. Until then, it's best to keep the "rigged" posts out of here. Do you see why?
A. MaxCut recognizes the possibility of card rigging by them.
B. MaxCut puts the possibility of card rigging past them, i.e. it's not possible they would card rig.

How is that not a contradiction...

2nd, Occam's razor does not directly apply here, as the way it applies to probability is through Bayesian theory. With Bayesian inference, what would be your probabilities p and q and the binomial parameter a?

Final note would be you say to keep this discussion off this thread, which may or may not be the correct thing to do, but if you believe it is, why do you continue to post in here...
serenity21 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #86
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

hell yeah im mad im still waiting on a check still getting the run around its been 10 weeks now and nothing but bs lies from rpm...
eddienashley is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #87
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: How do you dooo, Ken?
Posts: 3,937
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
Very possible I'm running bad. Simply noting that given the history of online poker (when at the time, people on UB and such sites thought it was just "run bad") and the timing of my run bad when Merge is already doing everything it can to keep deposited funds in hand, that it should not be 100% dismissed. This and the fact that another grinder in another thread recently brought up the same possibility independent of my experience as well certainly creates a notion that should be considered, however implausible one may believe it to be.

And yes I have a math degree from NYU. On the actuary note, no I am not yet a practicing actuary, but I recently completed the 2nd actuarial exam, which should allow me to have my choice of jobs in the field.

Instead of being too technical, just think of it like this. Take a die. Now try to avoid 1 and 2 and only hit 3,4,5,6 40 times in a row. Sure it's possible, but at some point you start to wonder if the die is rigged don't you?
there are always players at all points in USA online poker's history who run worse than ever and it coincides with some significant point along said history's timeline. it's lol, and it's yawn all at the same time

not to mention we still do not truly know why they cut off p2p transfers

people can speculate all they want, just like they do with the lack of transparency on check delivery times and ways to acquire WU withdrawal as an option (which i still don't ****ing have) but the fact of the matter is we don't know everything, and they do

of course we're entitled to our opinions, and many of them are sound in logic, but again, one side has perfect information and the opinionators don't

of course i semi-think it's rigged when i have the most depressing session ever but statistically speaking it is pretty much never out of the ordinary

cheating is always possible. rigging is always possible. we play at our own risk. i know what my tolerance is. imo even in my massive run-bads i've never once considered quitting for fear that Merge is becoming insolvent and/or trying to **** me out of my money and the profit i regularly withdraw in any way, shape, or form other than to give out less rakeback, promos, and guarantees, but that's merely because Lock left and less grinders are out there generating rake for them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddienashley View Post
hell yeah im mad im still waiting on a check still getting the run around its been 10 weeks now and nothing but bs lies from rpm...
you're still whining? we're all aware of the "BS lies" bro. we're all waiting for checks too. do yourself a favor and stop staring at the screen with a hard-on to see "check approved" every morning. it will come when it comes, or never at all...you never had any control over it in the first place. like i said, either deal with it or don't

you're better served directing all your complaints and anger towards your locally elected official right on up to Obama and Holder
TeflonDawg is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #88
veteran
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: way she goes
Posts: 2,554
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity21 View Post
A. MaxCut recognizes the possibility of card rigging by them.
B. MaxCut puts the possibility of card rigging past them, i.e. it's not possible they would card rig.

How is that not a contradiction...
I did not put the possibility past them, I put the act past them. That is the second time you puts words in my mouth. By doing so, you lose credibility, so let's fix that up for you.

A. Max Cut acknowledges the possibility of card rigging.
B. Max cut puts card rigging past them, i.e., he would be extremely surprised to find out they card rig.

Quote:
2nd, Occam's razor does not directly apply here, as the way it applies to probability is through Bayesian theory. With Bayesian inference, what would be your probabilities p and q and the binomial parameter a?


My application of Occam's razor is to the events "You made a mistake in your calculations" vs "Merge is card rigging". Without further evidence to the contrary, the first event is a much simpler explanation.

Quote:
Final note would be you say to keep this discussion off this thread, which may or may not be the correct thing to do, but if you believe it is, why do you continue to post in here...
I post in here in the (obviously misguided) hope that you will take your speculation to the thread where it belongs. I will continue to discredit any such unsubstantiated speculation since it potentially damages the player pool (unless it is in the proper thread). If you're results are indeed alarming, you will be heard in that thread and validated, at which point I welcome the information. As a mathematician, you should be able to appreciate the need for proof. Now kindly spare us until then.
Max Cut is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #89
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 290
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
I did not put the possibility past them, I put the act past them. That is the second time you puts words in my mouth. By doing so, you lose credibility, so let's fix that up for you.

A. Max Cut acknowledges the possibility of card rigging.
B. Max cut puts card rigging past them, i.e., he would be extremely surprised to find out they card rig.





My application of Occam's razor is to the events "You made a mistake in your calculations" vs "Merge is card rigging". Without further evidence to the contrary, the first event is a much simpler explanation.



I post in here in the (obviously misguided) hope that you will take your speculation to the thread where it belongs. I will continue to discredit any such unsubstantiated speculation since it potentially damages the player pool (unless it is in the proper thread). If you're results are indeed alarming, you will be heard in that thread and validated, at which point I welcome the information. As a mathematician, you should be able to appreciate the need for proof. Now kindly spare us until then.
That's still a contradiction...I feel like you need a dictionary.

Mistake in my calculations? I haven't made any calculations. I simply kept track. Secondly, your use of Occam's razor in this scenario is ridiculous because honestly there is no way for you, an outsider, to know the possibility of rigging, whether it be 1% or 50%. It's just wild speculation by you. You say you put it past them as if you have special insight into their character, when the only fact we know for sure is that they skirt the US government in an otherwise illegal manner, which should be a huge red flag already. I do not understand why you cannot comprehend this.

And finally as a mathematician, I do not need to appreciate the need for proof here as I'm not trying to prove the impossible. In this specific allegation, I can only be proved right, never wrong if you haven't realized this yet. Simply recognizing the increased possibility of card rigging.

Oh ya, and the real reason you continue to post is much more mundane. Won't explain, but a neutral observer who sees someone post 1,200+ posts in 2 years with a location of "I drink it up!" surely comes to the conclusion that his posts are substantial and helps "discredit any such unsubstantiated speculation" for the sake of the poker community. Occam's razor suggests it's more likely that the vast majority of your posts are useless, including this one. Hope I used it right that time
serenity21 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #90
veteran
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: way she goes
Posts: 2,554
Re: Is anyone happy with this site?

OK, it is now clear that you have basic failings in reading comprehension and logic. I do know when to stop a pointless internet discussion. I'm sorry that you've run bad. Here's that link for you again:

rigtard thread
Max Cut is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive