Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Religion, God, and Theology Discussion of God, religion, faith, theology, and spirituality.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2016, 08:42 AM   #76
Mr Awesome
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Awesome View Post
Why are there no Jesus relics that were made in the 1st century AD? NONE. You'd think all eye witnesses would be making sculptures of the guy who's walking on water, healing the sick and resurrecting as if their life depended on it.
...
Mr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #77
tame_deuces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,081
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
No, that would be you and your beliefs




Funny how you left out the reason why they are not irrelevant. Very telling. Also funny why you claim I would be dead by now and also leave out the reason.
Must be some game the apologists are playing. Always use vague language so no one can call you out.

Also: I believe that every religious person is a child molester. Given the fact that it's not only me who believes this, is must be automatically true. Too bad, it seems that belief is a ***** who can come right back at your face, huh?
You'd be dead because you have no beliefs of course. A man with colorful language such as yourself must surely have the imagination to work out the details from there.

And I have no problem admitting that something is a belief, I fail to see how that is somehow weakens a position. Admitting the basis of a position is important. Sure, it's easier to scream in capital letters and call people names, but I'll leave that to stupid people.

You're also making an error of category. That two things can be classified with the same term does not make them identical. A truck and a formula one car are both vehicles, but they're vastly different in scope. You'd have to be pretty daft to use that as a basis to claim trucks are as fast as formula one cars in general. The same principle holds true for two beliefs.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #78
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Awesome View Post
Quote:
Why are there no Jesus relics that were made in the 1st century AD? NONE. You'd think all eye witnesses would be making sculptures of the guy who's walking on water, healing the sick and resurrecting as if their life depended on it.
...
How amusing. You think that by repeating yourself, you make something more true. (*YOU* might think that, but historians and others who study the culture of the time are not the least bit surprised. And certainly, you have no reason to think that *I* would believe it other than by being grossly misinformed about what I believe.)
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #79
Mr Awesome
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
How amusing. You think that by repeating yourself, you make something more true. (*YOU* might think that, but historians and others who study the culture of the time are not the least bit surprised. And certainly, you have no reason to think that *I* would believe it other than by being grossly misinformed about what I believe.)
Why does it always have to be the biggest idiot that leaves the firs reply?

I repeated myself because such an issue should not go unanswered, IDIOT.

I do not give a **** what you think or believe, IDIOT.

Either post proof (authentic relics) or get the **** out.
Mr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #80
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Awesome View Post
Why does it always have to be the biggest idiot that leaves the firs reply?
Given that you replied to yourself first, you're the one who will have to answer your own question.

Quote:
I repeated myself because such an issue should not go unanswered, IDIOT.
I did answer it. There's no reason to expect that people would do this. Only ignorant people who don't know anything about the relevant culture or history would think... oh...

Quote:
I do not give a **** what you think or believe, IDIOT.
Apparently, you did enough to respond. And now you look even worse than you did before.

Quote:
Either post proof (authentic relics) or get the **** out.
Proof that nobody made statues of Jesus in the first century? You've already admitted that this is the reality. As soon as you find one, though, please let me know.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #81
Mr Awesome
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
Proof that nobody made statues of Jesus in the first century? You've already admitted that this is the reality. As soon as you find one, though, please let me know.
So it's true, there are none?

Why on earth do people still believe this crap then? It's insanely obvious to anyone with half a brain that the Jesus story is a hoax.


(All your other answers are worthless so I just ignored them.)
Mr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:19 AM   #82
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Awesome View Post
So it's true, there are none?
It is true. First century Jews were not of the habit of making statues of people they thought were important.

Quote:
Why on earth do people still believe this crap then?
Most people use an intellectual framework far deeper than what you've presented, and their decision-making heuristics are not nearly as infantile as yours.

Quote:
It's insanely obvious to anyone with half a brain that the Jesus story is a hoax.
Whole-brained people think more clearly than half-brained people.

Quote:
(All your other answers are worthless so I just ignored them.)
Indeed. That's probably because you're among the half-brainers.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:40 AM   #83
Mr Awesome
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
It is true. First century Jews were not of the habit of making statues of people they thought were important.
I'm not in the habit of making statues either but I'd make a gazillion of them if I met a guy who died and then resurrected a few days later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
Indeed. That's probably because you're among the half-brainers.
Well I guess I'm not smart enough to waste my valuable time for 26.000 posts on an internet forum loooooooo
Mr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #84
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Awesome View Post
I'm not in the habit of making statues either but I'd make a gazillion of them if I met a guy who died and then resurrected a few days later.
Evidence of the not-so-subtle arrogant stupidity of assuming that you are the paragon of rational human behavior.

Quote:
Well I guess I'm not smart enough to waste my valuable time for 26.000 posts on an internet forum loooooooo
I've made good money from the knowledge I've gained by posting. It was time well spent.

You, on the other hand, keep coming back here and making yourself look dumber and dumber. I suspect you're the one who is increasingly experiencing a form of buyer's remorse for the time you spent posting.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #85
FlicksTracey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
You'd be dead because you have no beliefs of course. A man with colorful language such as yourself must surely have the imagination to work out the details from there.
LOL, really? You now play the 5 year old "I Know but I won't tell you"-Game?

I guess answering a direct question is too much for an apologist.

Sure someone with that much knowledge about god and religion should have no problem at all to show some proof for invisible skydaddy?

Oh wait, you actually don't have any knowledge, right? You just chose to "believe" because it eases your crippling fear of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
And I have no problem admitting that something is a belief, I fail to see how that is somehow weakens a position.
I'm not surprised at all. So, again, I believe that religious people are child molesters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
Admitting the basis of a position is important.
so you admit that you believe in unproven fairytales? Great, that's a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
Sure, it's easier to scream in capital letters and call people names, but I'll leave that to stupid people.
Awww, still bashing the capital letters?
Standard tactics here, if you have nothing to attack the argument, attack the poster. Way to go, champ. Jebus is proud of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
You're also making an error of category. That two things can be classified with the same term does not make them identical. A truck and a formula one car are both vehicles, but they're vastly different in scope. You'd have to be pretty daft to use that as a basis to claim trucks are as fast as formula one cars in general. The same principle holds true for two beliefs.
And how is this gibberish relevant?
FlicksTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #86
tame_deuces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,081
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
LOL, really? You now play the 5 year old "I Know but I won't tell you"-Game?

I guess answering a direct question is too much for an apologist.

Sure someone with that much knowledge about god and religion should have no problem at all to show some proof for invisible skydaddy?

Oh wait, you actually don't have any knowledge, right? You just chose to "believe" because it eases your crippling fear of death.



I'm not surprised at all. So, again, I believe that religious people are child molesters.



so you admit that you believe in unproven fairytales? Great, that's a start.



Awww, still bashing the capital letters?
Standard tactics here, if you have nothing to attack the argument, attack the poster. Way to go, champ. Jebus is proud of you.



And how is this gibberish relevant?
You seem to be a confused individual. I am not religious and do not believe in "invisible skydaddies", nor have I at any point said that I do.

Still, it IS fairly amusing that someone who has just spent 4 posts loudly crying about "beliefs" has just taken something out of thin air and gone with it. I am certainly curious as to what hand-waving excuse you'll come up with to pretend it doesn't matter.

Also, your unimaginative textbook attempts at provocation are boring, try something original instead of being a poster-boy for indoctrination.

Last edited by tame_deuces; 09-18-2016 at 12:03 PM.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #87
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 72,866
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
LOL, strong claims from someone who believes in jebus and his skydaddy without a shred of evidence. Seems like the delusion is all yours, but that is what I meant with my last post.

Keep believing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
Im an atheist or agnostic depending how you define them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
Sure someone with that much knowledge about god and religion should have no problem at all to show some proof for invisible skydaddy?

Oh wait, you actually don't have any knowledge, right? You just chose to "believe" because it eases your crippling fear of death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
You seem to be a confused individual. I am not religious and do not believe in "invisible skydaddies", nor have I at any point said that I do.
If we include the back and forth with OrP (maybe debatable?) Flicks is 0/3 at calling out deluded believers in this thread. It's good entertainment.
well named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:31 PM   #88
tame_deuces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,081
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
If we include the back and forth with OrP (maybe debatable?) Flicks is 0/3 at calling out deluded believers in this thread. It's good entertainment.
You'd think he would learn after the first two.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #89
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
You'd think he would learn after the first two.
It's like sales and speed dating. Every time someone says no, it brings you one step closer to someone who is a yes.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 AM   #90
FlicksTracey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Christianity is a scam

LOL, the apologists trying to make sense of themselves.
FlicksTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #91
neeeel
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,448
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
LOL, the apologists trying to make sense of themselves.
Are you even reading what people are writing? Or just spewing in response to whatever strawman is in your head at the time?
neeeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #92
Mr.DjiSamSoe
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: IndONEsia
Posts: 722
Re: Christianity is a scam

I think Judas is in Heaven
Mr.DjiSamSoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #93
tame_deuces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,081
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
LOL, the apologists trying to make sense of themselves.
There isn't much else to do, attempts of making sense of you failed miserably because there was none to be found.

I mean, I can yell at you for being an orange all day long... it won't make you an orange and it won't be a meaningful environment for discussing biology.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:44 AM   #94
Shuffle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,606
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Awesome View Post
If Jesus really was the Son of God, he would come back to Earth again a long time ago. With our technology we could document him as an indesputable proof he's for real. At the very least he's keeping people guessing instead of spreading the word of God by not showing up (or he just doesn't care anymore). Either way it's clear Christianity is a scam.

All believers are just wasting their time.
Jesus said to Thomas:

Quote:
"Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Faith, by definition, is the belief in something that cannot be proven for certain. God did not put us here and order us to worship Him or obey His laws. We were all given free will, and it is a blessed gift to receive.
Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #95
FlicksTracey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
Faith, by definition, is the belief in something that cannot be proven for certain.
That's a rather odd definition and looking it up resulted in zero results.

Can you provide the source of your definition? Otherwise I have to assume that you made it up and it is therefore useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post

God did not put us here and order us to worship Him or obey His laws. We were all given free will, and it is a blessed gift to receive.
There is no proof for the existence of god. Claims like the above are therefore useless circular ramblings, like all arguments containing bible citations.

Better luck next time, nothing of your post changed the fact that christianity has been a scam from the very beginning.
FlicksTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #96
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
Faith, by definition, is the belief in something that cannot be proven for certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
That's a rather odd definition and looking it up resulted in zero results.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

Quote:
1
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2
a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
At best, your quibble can be that "there is no proof" should be interpreted as a time-dependent claim (there is *currently* no proof) whereas the definition as stated by shuffle is a universal non-existence (it *cannot* be proven). But that would force you to read his definition inconsistently with your own language, because the game can be reversed. ("There is no proof" is the universal, and "cannot be proven" is time-dependent.)

So really, you might want to practice internetting. Or maybe practice Englishing. Because the given definition isn't so bizarre and isn't hard to find.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:37 AM   #97
Shuffle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,606
Re: Christianity is a scam

FlicksTracey,

I proposed a paradigm to you which acknowledged no definitive proof of Jesus's divine nature, and that one is subsequently free to believe or not to believe, according to his or her own determination. Instead of accepting the concept of faith as it is, which acknowledges your right not to believe as well, you made clear your intention to argue and otherwise belittle people who hold different beliefs from those of your own.

Might I suggest that such unprovoked hostility and intellectual dishonesty betrays bigotry and hypocrisy--behaviors which are indicative of someone who is deeply uncomfortable with their own sense of self. Maybe instead of hating other people and seeking fights with them, your ego would be better assuaged by addressing whatever problems you can find in your own life.
Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #98
FlicksTracey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
Wow, I was on merriam webster and oversaw it.

My fault, thank you for correcting me. See, that was not too hard, more than one ever could expect from a rambling theist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
At best, your quibble can be that "there is no proof" should be interpreted as a time-dependent claim (there is *currently* no proof) whereas the definition as stated by shuffle is a universal non-existence (it *cannot* be proven). But that would force you to read his definition inconsistently with your own language, because the game can be reversed. ("There is no proof" is the universal, and "cannot be proven" is time-dependent.)
Sure, there might be proof of so much in the future, does not change anything right now. Who knows, some day there might be proof that religious people just have good old schizophrenia.

These useless ramblings don't change the fact that no proof has been brought forward in the last 3000 years after a good bunch of people allegedly directly interacted with god and the alleged birth of that guy called jebus.

Show proof or shut up

We're talking about an invented entity which allegedly has created the universe which means: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ignoring the fact that we found a plausible explanation about the origin of the universe and it shows no involvement of any supernatural beings won't help anyone of you.

Some random guy on the interwebs claiming "There might be proof some day" just doesn't cut it. You need to realize that every religion is making very specific positive claims about a supernatural world and supernatural beings.
Claiming "I believe these stories are correct because others also believe them" is a logical fallacy, but I guess you already knew that given your superior knowledge about, uhhh, absolutely everything

If you or anyone can show me some proof or if the old sadistic skydaddy decides to show his ugly face, I'll fall on my knees and acknowledge that all the religious loonies were right all along.
Until then, I won't and I'll keep assuming you all suffer from severe mental illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron W. View Post
So really, you might want to practice internetting. Or maybe practice Englishing. Because the given definition isn't so bizarre and isn't hard to find.
Yeah, you were right about the definition of faith but still no sign of skydaddy

You should stick to explaining basic math to clueless people in SMP, trying to defend religion with logic makes you look very very desperate and stubborn (Well, just like a common religious guy )

Greetings to Santa Claus, I am sure you meet him on a daily basis to discuss the existence of Bigfoot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
FlicksTracey,

I proposed a paradigm to you which acknowledged no definitive proof of Jesus's divine nature,
So?
jebus is only a small part of the fairytale. Nobody cares if he was the son of god. It's rather simple: No proof for god -> no need to talk about his son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
and that one is subsequently free to believe or not to believe, according to his or her own determination. Instead of accepting the concept of faith as it is, which acknowledges your right not to believe as well, you made clear your intention to argue and otherwise belittle people who hold different beliefs from those of your own.
Beliefs of my own?

Where is this going? "Atheism is just another belief system"? LOL, how poor.

If every religious person would stick to believing in their own home, there would be no problem at all. But obviously, you came in here to defend the idea of invisible skydaddy.
Why did you not think: "Oh well, this Flickstracey guy is full of **** but I just keep believing"?
Instead of just ignoring my post you felt you needed to pick a fight for a supposedly omnipotent being?
Why are you so hilariously arrogant to think that allmighty skydaddy needs you to fight for him? He might be rather pissed right now because you are implying he can't handle matters on his own and needs a schizo to set things straight.

I believe that religious people have severe mental illnesses. Now please don't belittle my beliefs, allright?

Of course you are free to believe whatever you want, but you need to admit that even you will find some beliefs completely senseless.
For example, some people strongly believe that Xenu is/was real. Do you also believe this or does this crash with your skydaddy beliefs? How do you cope with the fact that every religion has a different "model" of how humans came to be

So why are you acting all butthurt when I challenge your belief of invisible skydaddies who mysteriously have been appearing and interacting with humans in worthless holy books but never in reality?
You sure apply lots of logical thoughts in your everyday life so it cannot be that outlandish to question any "Superior, unexplained being created most or all of the matter we see today"-Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post

Might I suggest that such unprovoked hostility and intellectual dishonesty betrays bigotry and hypocrisy--behaviors which are indicative of someone who is deeply uncomfortable with their own sense of self. Maybe instead of hating other people and seeking fights with them, your ego would be better assuaged by addressing whatever problems you can find in your own life.
The irony.
Coming from a guy who has nothing more than very very stale "holier than thou" ramblings.

Also thanks for your amateurish psychological examination. Maybe you can include me in your evening prayers so I can see the light some day.

So, same goes to you: Show proof or stop your annoying "I and many others believe in an unproven entity, so my words have more weight than yours"-BS.

Last edited by FlicksTracey; 09-30-2016 at 05:59 AM.
FlicksTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:32 AM   #99
Shuffle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,606
Re: Christianity is a scam

Well, I can honestly admit I'm not going to read a wall of vitriol. Hope you enjoyed yourself however, knock yourself out.
Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #100
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 27,514
Re: Christianity is a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksTracey View Post
Wow, I was on merriam webster and oversaw it.
The fact that you didn't even have a conceptual understanding of this particular definition of faith, and that you went there, AND that you didn't even see it speaks volumes more than what your rambling does. But I appreciate that you have placed your sheer lack of intellectual depth on display for all to see.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online