Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Staking - Seeking Stakes For 2+2ers seeking stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2016, 11:17 AM   #2326
BJballs
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 734
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

I am staking someone and we agreed to split profits once a week, every Thursday. He has to clear make up before we can chop.

- Towards the end of the week, if he's up money, he is scared to lose it and not be able to profit so he puts in less volume and probably plays a little scared.

He recently asked me if we could split profits daily instead of weekly.

- Am I taking on more risk by chopping daily instead of weekly?
BJballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #2327
TheTyman9
veteran
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 3,372
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJballs View Post
I am staking someone and we agreed to split profits once a week, every Thursday. He has to clear make up before we can chop.

- Towards the end of the week, if he's up money, he is scared to lose it and not be able to profit so he puts in less volume and probably plays a little scared.

He recently asked me if we could split profits daily instead of weekly.

- Am I taking on more risk by chopping daily instead of weekly?
No additional risk, just a much bigger accounting hassle having to do it daily.
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #2328
BJballs
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 734
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Ok thanks Tyman. It's such a silly question but it made me confused.

It made me feel like if he was up $1000 and we split, then he plays and loses $1000 it would change my bottom line. Like he got paid and now he's in make up and I'm down money.

Vs if he made $1000 and we didn't split. He then loses $1000 and the roll is still the same.

As I'm typing this I realize how stupid this sounds. In the end, it doesn't matter because he has to make up the money.
BJballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #2329
TheTyman9
veteran
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 3,372
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJballs View Post
Ok thanks Tyman. It's such a silly question but it made me confused.

It made me feel like if he was up $1000 and we split, then he plays and loses $1000 it would change my bottom line. Like he got paid and now he's in make up and I'm down money.

Vs if he made $1000 and we didn't split. He then loses $1000 and the roll is still the same.

As I'm typing this I realize how stupid this sounds. In the end, it doesn't matter because he has to make up the money.
Yeah, I mean it definitely benefits the backer to do splits less often in certain ways but as long as you are properly rolled for what you are staking for and as long as you don't mind the extra accounting work there's no difference in how much you will make by staking the person. It will actually increase your yearly expectation from the stake for both of you if it causes him to put in more volume because of it.
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #2330
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 44,395
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Does anyone read thread titles? This isn't the thread to ask for stakes.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:29 PM   #2331
Underage98
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Hi all.

So i'm not sure if you're familiar with the 888 schedule but the $1.5m XL Inferno main event is coming up. I had some 50 cent tourney tickets and I used one for the first sattelite level. I didnt not realise you couldn't unreg for T$ (like on Stars) and now I find myself in the $109 sattelite for the main event. The reason for my message is that i'm looking to sell action as I don't usually play at these stakes. I'm wondering, what would be the best way to go about this? Cheers!
Underage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #2332
TheTyman9
veteran
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 3,372
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underage98 View Post
Hi all.

So i'm not sure if you're familiar with the 888 schedule but the $1.5m XL Inferno main event is coming up. I had some 50 cent tourney tickets and I used one for the first sattelite level. I didnt not realise you couldn't unreg for T$ (like on Stars) and now I find myself in the $109 sattelite for the main event. The reason for my message is that i'm looking to sell action as I don't usually play at these stakes. I'm wondering, what would be the best way to go about this? Cheers!
Are you a winning player over a decent sample? Without that and unless you have references it'll prob be tough to sell action, especially to a buyin level you don't normally play and beat. You are probably better off just taking the shot anyways tbh. You could trying posting in the marketplace though to try to sell if you want to though.
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:10 AM   #2333
URagnatha
adept
 
URagnatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,131
Re: ***Official Staking Discussion Thread: Use this thread for staking advice/questions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfreak View Post
hi
ok my friend is going to stake me for low stakes 18mans.
we know and trust each other very well, no risk of scamming.
i guess i can be happy with a 80-20 deal in my favour. 2 questions

1) make-up: do i have to compensate a loss to 100% in order to claim a profit? or can i cut the make-up with 80-20 in his favour until i am at 0,- ?

2) for example my EV is 2000$ for playing 1 full month. with 20% cut i must ship 400$.
Can i suggest i ship maximum 400$ for the month?; which means if i have an upswing and win 3000$ he only gets 400$.
does that sound reasonable? Because 400$ is not a tiny sum.
There isn't much risk anyway for him because if i am losing, i owe him make-up and have to play until i am in the winning zone.

sry, i am new to staking
regards and ty
Think I understand post? what your saying is if your running above EV can you keep more of the profit? If that's what your saying that would be a no and your being unreasonable. I wouldn't even ask him as it may sour your relationship.
URagnatha is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online