Originally Posted by 663366
OK now I have more time.. the reasons for the turnraise were:
1. can fold out Ax esp given stacks and my solid tight-ish image
2. even with AK I dont think he's going to 3b turn or be able to c/c a big river bet from me..
3. despite him not having 2barreled I think the turn is a good card for him to continue with his bluffs
4. he would weigh my hand much more towards value hands as opposed to draws when I raised the turn, which would make it easier for me to bluff him out on the river when he checks, and if flush hits I would be able to value him more often
5. I felt the possibility of him bet/3bet on the turn was very slim and certainly didn't expect him to lead out on the river hence the thread..
again result was I called and he had KhQh
Im too lazy to figure out how to multi quote, but I'm going to attack each point you made.
1. misread this it will be addressed later anyways. only reason this might work is your solid tight image.
2. if he's good you're turn raise polarizes you're range to prolly AJ+ or the millions of combo draws or straight draws that you could have when that turn comes. KThh KQhh T9hh 97hh 75hh etc. It is likely, with stacks that deep that you would raise flop with sets or two pair. I am not folding AK here. AX is prolly the same as well since you are polarized here.
3. yeah it is. that's why you should just call with your bluff catcher hand on the turn. why raise and get yourself in a position where you might get 3 bet if he happens to have a hand. especially when you have outs no matter what he has.
4. doesn't vibe with AK being a fold if you bomb blank river comment you made in 2. if you raise turn and heart comes on river villain is folding everything but flushes. or he should.
5. just cuz he'd rarely bet/3bet, doesn't make it ok. when he does 3 bet you on the turn you'll have to fold and wasted a hand that has equity. you don't really fold worse a lot with your turn raise. maybe some weaker aces, but really AX is the same as AK when you make that turn raise. The only hands worse that call you are combo heart draws, and those might 3 bet bluff you off your hand.