Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > 2+2 Communities > Las Vegas Lifestyle

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 317
Mlife Comps

I am going to vegas next month, ive been plenty of times before but never really played a lot of table games and if I did it would be 5-10 dollar BJ tables. I was wondering if playing the 25 dollar tables, betting 25 to 100 would be good enough to get rated at mgm properties?

how much play would get me free room offers in the future or are those a thing in the past?

Also ill be staying at the bellagio so I wanted to know if it would do me better playing at one of the lower end mgm-mirage properties to get better comps?

I know for poker Aria has 2x comps compared to bellagio but I don't know about BJ.

Sorry for the rambling but if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Lee2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2k View Post
I am going to vegas next month, ive been plenty of times before but never really played a lot of table games and if I did it would be 5-10 dollar BJ tables. I was wondering if playing the 25 dollar tables, betting 25 to 100 would be good enough to get rated at mgm properties?

how much play would get me free room offers in the future or are those a thing in the past?

Also ill be staying at the bellagio so I wanted to know if it would do me better playing at one of the lower end mgm-mirage properties to get better comps?

I know for poker Aria has 2x comps compared to bellagio but I don't know about BJ.

Sorry for the rambling but if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

The easiest way to rack up points for comped rooms is to play video BJ. Its what I do every time I go to Vegas. I havent paid for a room my last 8 trips. Ive had comped rooms at MGM, Aria, Bellagio, Wynn and offers from all the other MGM and Harrahs properties. Video BJ is good because you can play $1 hands or up to $5 and even 50 or $100 hands on max bets. That racks up points much better than playing at say a $10 table. Plus you can play so many more hands over the same period of time compared to a live game. You can pretty much play video BJ pretty well close to even over long periods of time. Its a good way to rack up lots of points and get comped free rooms plus free play that goes along with alot of those comped rooms.
des929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 680
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by des929 View Post
The easiest way to rack up points for comped rooms is to play video BJ. Its what I do every time I go to Vegas. I havent paid for a room my last 8 trips. Ive had comped rooms at MGM, Aria, Bellagio, Wynn and offers from all the other MGM and Harrahs properties. Video BJ is good because you can play $1 hands or up to $5 and even 50 or $100 hands on max bets. That racks up points much better than playing at say a $10 table. Plus you can play so many more hands over the same period of time compared to a live game. You can pretty much play video BJ pretty well close to even over long periods of time. Its a good way to rack up lots of points and get comped free rooms plus free play that goes along with alot of those comped rooms.
I presume you are just using basic strategy or can you do better with these machines?
ComboProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
At some MGM properties you have to play higher to get rated at all. At Bellagio, you have to be playing $25 a hand at BJ or they don't even want your card. Not sure which other properties are similar.
wengleha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
newbie
 
SlapChopVince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Count'n your cards!
Posts: 38
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2k View Post
I was wondering if playing the 25 dollar tables, betting 25 to 100 would be good enough to get rated at mgm properties?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2k View Post
how much play would get me free room offers in the future or are those a thing in the past?
it takes 25,000 tier points to get to pearl 75,000 for gold and 200,000 for platinum. I have about 400,000 tier points from playing 25-200/hand BJ. My latest offer from Aria was for $75/night during the week and only $150/night on weekends! I've received no other room explicit room offers. It does appear though from the mlife site that I could probably stay at MB for free since their rate calender says 'sold out' for every day from here to the end of the mayan calender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2k View Post
Also ill be staying at the bellagio so I wanted to know if it would do me better playing at one of the lower end mgm-mirage properties to get better comps?
Pretty sure the tier point accumulation is the same at each of the MGM properties for a given level of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee2k View Post
I know for poker Aria has 2x comps compared to bellagio but I don't know about BJ.
Same points at each property for BJ.

There has been lots of recent complaints about the mlife system and discussion whether the entire thing is FUBAR'd at this point in time. The mlife site often gives the incorrect tier point/tier level info, sometimes won't log you in, and when it does log you in it's super slow. Also nearly no one has received any fall 'corporate' offers. The entire things seems a mess atm.
SlapChopVince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,975
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapChopVince View Post
yes


it takes 25,000 tier points to get to pearl 75,000 for gold and 200,000 for platinum. I have about 400,000 tier points from playing 25-200/hand BJ. My latest offer from Aria was for $75/night during the week and only $150/night on weekends! I've received no other room explicit room offers. It does appear though from the mlife site that I could probably stay at MB for free since their rate calender says 'sold out' for every day from here to the end of the mayan calender.
See that's wacky, I'm gold and get free Aria room offers fairly routinely (but I am not comped whenever I want). The recipe for getting offers is not always directly in line with how much action you give, unless you're giving enough action that you're comped all the time.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: here and there
Posts: 375
Re: Mlife Comps

I am heading to LV Oct 22-30th. I have 2 nights comped at the Bellagio. I also have overlapping rooms at the Flamingo and then comped rooms with a slot tourney entry at the MGM at the end.

I originally had three night at Bellagio but you cannot have teo offers booked unless you have 72hr between.

I usually just play VP with a few $5 slots sprinkled in.
adbynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComboProf View Post
I presume you are just using basic strategy or can you do better with these machines?
Ya, I just use basic strategy. Seems like every casino has different setups on the games though. Some dont have double down or splits option available and some have a let it ride option after you win a hand. I like the multipoker machines at MGM , Bellagio and Wynn that offer the double down and split option. Plus you can play $1-$5 hands that when max bet you can play up to $100 per hand which allows you the chance to play $200 on a hand in cases where you get a double down or split. You can rack up lots of points quick playing those games.
But I must say ive only been to Vegas once since MGM changed over to MLIFE and I dont think it is near as player friendly as the old reward system. Under the old system, points refreshed and didnt expire from your account as long as you played on your account I believe within a years time. Now the points that you earn drop off of your account 1 year to the day that you earn them, or at least thats what I was told when I was there last. I do agree with the poster that said something about the site giving incorrect info. on your account. When I was in Vegas in july, i put my card in machine and it said I had 16500 points which I remember being about what I had the time before I went. I put the card in the machine the next day and it said I had 3500 points. Every day it seemed to give me a different number and the reward center never could give me a good answer why. So for out of towners who may only make it to vegas once a year or over, dont let your points or free plays sit in your accounts because they expire now and you lose them .
des929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
R*R
Painting It Black
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stones Throw Away
Posts: 5,281
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
See that's wacky, I'm gold and get free Aria room offers fairly routinely (but I am not comped whenever I want). The recipe for getting offers is not always directly in line with how much action you give, unless you're giving enough action that you're comped all the time.
Yeah it is strange because I am often getting great discount offers but I mainly play poker and a very limited amount of craps or roulette. I have been coming for years if that means anything.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 317
Re: Mlife Comps

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really hate video bj but I might put in a few hundred and just grind to see if I get any deals.
Lee2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
journeyman
 
sawdustjoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NV
Posts: 392
Re: Mlife Comps

What are the benefits to having a pearl card?
Any special parking anywhere?
Cheaper buffet rates?
Skipping check in lines?
sawdustjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
grinder
 
ico2525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: no one place for too long
Posts: 632
Re: Mlife Comps

Aren't the rules pretty ****ty for video BJ like no double after split, only double on 10 or 11, can't re-split aces, etc?

Good for comps; yes, but bad for the bankroll with a higher house advantage. Also, +1 to only getting rated for $25+/hand (average) at Bellagio.
ico2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Pooh-Bah
 
KingBBinLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vega$
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustjoint View Post
What are the benefits to having a pearl card?
Any special parking anywhere?
Cheaper buffet rates?
Skipping check in lines?
No
No
No
And,
No.

Gold, platinum and noir gets you line passes. VIP check in is usually only on a comp with Platinum or Noir unless specified. There are no buffet discounts with any card but you can use your express comps to pay.
KingBBinLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 213
Re: Mlife Comps

thought it was a milf thread
tedjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #15
Pooh-Bah
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,894
Re: Mlife Comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedjam View Post
thought it was a milf thread
milf comps in vegas actually might work
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive