Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #76
jelloman
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloman View Post
Lost a whopping 1 pound in 3 weeks. Too much drinking. Back on the horse.
Weight at 205 today. At least I didn't gain.
201 today . v e r y s l o w weight loss.

I used the Wii fit to exercise in the past. Thing is, it uses your BMI to create the shape of your character. I know from past experience that I'm considered morbidly obese if I'm over 196 lbs and my character looks like a balloon that's ready to burst.

I refuse to turn it on until I'm under 196.

Also, it thinks a healthy weight for me is 145 lbs. Not happening.
jelloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #77
LongDTravis
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 246
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

I've really been slipping with keeping my journey updated in here. I feel like I'm not setting a good example as OP and I hope to change that.

I came back from Vegas and despite eating red meat and bread for the first time in months I am below 250 for the first time in a long time at 246. In-n-Out is the best thing ever. If we had it in Ohio I'd weigh 350 easy.

I did not take my trip to California and did not meet the Trooper. I played poker, blackjack, and for some reason a lot of roulette. I brought 9k with me and was down to my last 500 in the first 2.5 days. I managed to run it back to 10k then down to 3k and back up to $5550 to end the trip. I'm done gambling until I take a cruise in June, $1000 swings don't feel as good or sting as bad as they used to and I need to check myself I think.

I walked everywhere, smoked a ton of cigarettes and only ate 1-2 times per day which dropped me down almost 10 pounds over the 6 days I was traveling.

My goal is to spend all my time running women and working out between now and my cruise. Work is super easy until September so I'd like to drop to 225 and be able to bench 350. Also want to be able to run a mile by October. I smoke a lot of left and right handed cigs so this may or may not be doable.
LongDTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #78
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,035
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

I weighed in at 130.8lbs today. It's coming off very slowly. I really need to work out.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:02 AM   #79
RockstarRossi
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,062
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Nice updates guys!

I'm way out of balance still with my goals, as priorities seem to have shifted for my time overall. Really trying to front load volume for poker as we approach a long vacation break followed by MTT time for the summer. Problem with this priority shift is, it shouldn't be a problem. I should be as equally focused on the physical activities to keep the mental game strong (brain focus) which is even more critical for higher volume and longer sessions (MTT grinds) as I am focused on volume itself.

Steps still solid as I've averaged 10k per day last few weeks. Calories are still too high overall tho (haven't been using MFP daily like I should be), but I am keeping a conscious effort to minimize carb intakes on all but 1 meal daily.

I haven't lost another pound these last two weeks as a result of my lopsided efforts. One month until Europe, need to make a strong push to drop a few pounds down the stretch.
RockstarRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #80
marky147
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 158
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDTravis View Post
I've really been slipping with keeping my journey updated in here. I feel like I'm not setting a good example as OP and I hope to change that.

I came back from Vegas and despite eating red meat and bread for the first time in months I am below 250 for the first time in a long time at 246. In-n-Out is the best thing ever. If we had it in Ohio I'd weigh 350 easy.

I did not take my trip to California and did not meet the Trooper. I played poker, blackjack, and for some reason a lot of roulette. I brought 9k with me and was down to my last 500 in the first 2.5 days. I managed to run it back to 10k then down to 3k and back up to $5550 to end the trip. I'm done gambling until I take a cruise in June, $1000 swings don't feel as good or sting as bad as they used to and I need to check myself I think.

I walked everywhere, smoked a ton of cigarettes and only ate 1-2 times per day which dropped me down almost 10 pounds over the 6 days I was traveling.

My goal is to spend all my time running women and working out between now and my cruise. Work is super easy until September so I'd like to drop to 225 and be able to bench 350. Also want to be able to run a mile by October. I smoke a lot of left and right handed cigs so this may or may not be doable.
That's a fair drop in 6 days!

My eating habits are like yours when in Vegas, but I only dropped 10 over a month last summer.

Good luck with the pre-cruise goals. All seem reasonably attainable, even the running

I've not been able to do any lifting for the last week, as I pulled a muscle in my neck. Was going to try some light stuff, but have just left it for the week, and think it has paid off.

Was 226 this morning, so providing not too much damage is done at my homegame for the Joshua/Klitschko fight this weekend, I should hopefully break 224 next week.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #81
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,386
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky147 View Post
All seem reasonably attainable, even the running
All weight things aside, I think not being able to run a mile (which is 4 laps on a track) is a pretty bad sign health wise. Not talking about a 6 minute mile or anything, just not having to take a break over that short distance should be something every healthy person is able to do.

I am still at 135 as of Monday, but think I gained some muscles in my neck area from swimming. Losing 1-2 pounds of belly fat over the next couple weeks would be cool, but other than that I am perfectly fine with where I am at right now. Will prolly loose some more in late summer when I have to up my weekly running mileage to at least 60.
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #82
LongDTravis
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 246
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

I walked 8.4 miles last night in a little over 2.5 hours around my city. Madlex I think you're right, it is bad that I can't run a mile. I played football and never got into jogging so I know I don't have much of a base. That being said I'm a pretty mentally tough person and I can't will myself to jog more than a whole lap which is for sure a problem. I don't plan to quit smoking stuff but I need to do something to get some air in the lungs asap. Livestrong has some plans I'm going to try out. For not I'm just going to walk long distances and make sure my body is acclimated to the motion.

Madlex, thanks for the words of advice and encouragement. Seems like you have a really good base to work with.

Marky, I hope the neck gets better, do not rush the recovery. Back and neck issues need rest a lot of times to really get better.

DC, I know we both like vlogs. I have been watching/listening while doing my walking. Maybe you can incorporate the two.

Rossi, I know what you're saying re: time priorities. You'll find the balance you need I'm sure of it! Excited to hear about your Europe trip. I want to get over there soon.
LongDTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #83
marky147
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 158
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
All weight things aside, I think not being able to run a mile (which is 4 laps on a track) is a pretty bad sign health wise. Not talking about a 6 minute mile or anything, just not having to take a break over that short distance should be something every healthy person is able to do.

I am still at 135 as of Monday, but think I gained some muscles in my neck area from swimming. Losing 1-2 pounds of belly fat over the next couple weeks would be cool, but other than that I am perfectly fine with where I am at right now. Will prolly loose some more in late summer when I have to up my weekly running mileage to at least 60.
Agree 100% with the running, even though I can't walk 100metres nowadays

I've never liked running, which was par for the course as a rugby player. Even so, I still used to run around the camp regularly when I was in the Navy.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDTravis View Post
Marky, I hope the neck gets better, do not rush the recovery. Back and neck issues need rest a lot of times to really get better.

It's only a strain of sorts, and has settled down a lot already. I'm not back in the gym until Tuesday, so have a couple more days rest.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #84
RockstarRossi
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,062
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

I haven't run for a mile straight on purpose in close to a decade. Haha... no plans to try anytime soon, but I will be doing a charity 5k next week where I do plan on some light jogging and fast walking to complete in the allotted time. I'm with a group and the gf has asthma and can't run much so I won't be pushing her any more than necessary.
RockstarRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:06 PM   #85
LongDTravis
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 246
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Does anyone feel self-conscious running? I'm usually pretty comfortable in my skin but I feel weird taking off jogging though the mean streets of the 614. I see so many people with terrible form and I always wonder if I look like that.
LongDTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #86
marky147
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 158
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Haven't had to worry about that for ~10 years

I used to feel self-conscious doing fartlek training in the woods outside base. Mainly because I would get hammered by the racing snakes!
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #87
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,386
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockstarRossi View Post
I will be doing a charity 5k next week where I do plan on some light jogging and fast walking to complete in the allotted time. I'm with a group and the gf has asthma and can't run much so I won't be pushing her any more than necessary.
No worries, there are always some people who take over an hour to finish a 5k

Couple weeks ago I did a half marathon. The 5k started 30mins later and used the first and last 1.5 miles of the half marathon course. There was a terrible headwind over the last couple of miles and I was super happy to be able to use the slower 5k walkers on the left side of the street as some sort of draft shield on the home stretch.
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #88
Cooling Heels
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 713
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDTravis View Post
Does anyone feel self-conscious running? I'm usually pretty comfortable in my skin but I feel weird taking off jogging though the mean streets of the 614. I see so many people with terrible form and I always wonder if I look like that.
Nope, a few thoughts:

- as the vast majority of adult Americans cannot run a 5K, or even 2 blocks, I like to think the folks driving past or walking their dog are jealously thinking "I wish I could run like that"
- seeing bad form can be educational, as we all could make improvements. I ran close to a guy making loud slapping noises with his feet last week, terrible form, lot's of friction, hard on the body, etc. Made me think though, as my footwork is not perfect
- I'm fortunate to live in a city with hundreds of miles of trails. Head out on a weekend and there are folks of all sizes, ages, and skill levels. Basically everyone fits in
Cooling Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #89
LongDTravis
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 246
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Cooling heels, I really appreciate the advice and encouragement. Idk why but that inspired me to run around my building at lunch (barefoot). Probably looked like a weirdo but oh well!
LongDTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #90
RockstarRossi
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,062
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Down just 1 lb to 223 after a stalled April. Back on the keto/min carb intake for next 15 days with the 10k steps per day goal still in place! LFG!
RockstarRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #91
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,386
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDTravis View Post
Idk why but that inspired me to run around my building at lunch (barefoot). Probably looked like a weirdo but oh well!
Very good! That's a start

Small caveat:
I have no expertise on this subject and know there's different opinions, but to my knowledge most experts think that running barefoot is not a good idea for heavy runners.
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #92
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,035
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
I weighed in at 130.8lbs today. It's coming off very slowly. I really need to work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDTravis View Post
DC, I know we both like vlogs. I have been watching/listening while doing my walking. Maybe you can incorporate the two.
I just bought an indoor exercise bike. So the plan will be to ride that a decent amount while watching TV. Today I put it together and then rode a couple miles while watching Trooper's vlog.

Today I weighed in at 129.8lbs. This weight loss is all due to my diet. Now that I will be exercising my plan is to increase the amount of food I eat back to what I consider a "normal" level.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #93
decoop99
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 142
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoop99 View Post
3/25/2017

265

-7 pounds March

-15 Total
5/6/2017

258

-22 total.

Getting into uncharted waters for me. Can not remember the last time I was under 260. Big mental breakthrough for me. I have gotten close many times, but usually get off track.

As far as running a mile without stopping. I do not think it is a total gauge. I am a high school referee and can run for two hours in a game, but running 1 mile straight for me is really tough. I have had days where I reffed 8 games, so I am sure that is way more than a mile running.
decoop99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #94
marky147
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 158
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoop99 View Post
5/6/2017

258

-22 total.

Getting into uncharted waters for me. Can not remember the last time I was under 260. Big mental breakthrough for me. I have gotten close many times, but usually get off track.

As far as running a mile without stopping. I do not think it is a total gauge. I am a high school referee and can run for two hours in a game, but running 1 mile straight for me is really tough. I have had days where I reffed 8 games, so I am sure that is way more than a mile running.

Good going, decoop.

Next stop 250


224 yesterday, and likewise, this is the first time I'll have been under that in 5 years.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #95
Cooling Heels
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 713
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoop99 View Post

As far as running a mile without stopping. I do not think it is a total gauge. I am a high school referee and can run for two hours in a game, but running 1 mile straight for me is really tough. I have had days where I reffed 8 games, so I am sure that is way more than a mile running.
Running a mile without stopping is not doable for most adults without working up to it. It shouldn't even be attempted, as knee injury or ligament damage could occur. When I started recreational running my approach was to mark off a 2 mile course, then run 1 block, walk 1 block, for 2 miles, repeating 3 times a week. Gradually it became run 2 blocks, then run 3 blocks, etc., until it became run 2 miles without walking. After that, I bumped the total distance up in small increments.

Maybe a 21 year old can just put some shoes on and start running, but that will not work for middle aged or older.

If you a high school soccer referee tough, that does sound like a great work out.
Cooling Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #96
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,386
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling Heels View Post
Running a mile without stopping is not doable for most adults without working up to it.
That's true, therefore I said "should be doable".

There are obv. multiple reasons for it, but the fact that adults in the US get so little excercise while eating crap is a huge contributor to life expectancy being lower than in all other first world countries. And that's only getting worse, they project Mexico to pass the US in 2030:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/22/us-li...o-by-2030.html
madlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #97
RockstarRossi
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,062
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Finished the 5k in 45 mins going at gf with asthma pace... not great but we were able to do the "1 block on, 1 block off" sort of jog vs walk a lot of the way, so not terrible for 2 people who haven't ever even competed in one of these races and are out of shape middle agers!

Still averaging close to or above 10k steps per day and plan to keep this pace up through the summer as I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of strip walking during the series (at night mostly).
RockstarRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #98
RockstarRossi
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,062
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Down another pound (222) after a solid week of activity. Walked over 25 miles last week, averaging more than 10k steps per day. Carbs just once per day, and have only had 2 beers in the last 18 days. Big concert this weekend out of town so will probably fall off that wagon a little (pacific NW craft beer nom nom as I'll be in Seattle), but everything else stays in place for one more solid week until Europe!
RockstarRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #99
wj94
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,692
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

Hit a new low today, down 22 pounds in 2.5 months of being an actual healthy person that exercises and doesn't eat a bunch of garbage. Endurance has improved a lot, ran my fastest mile since high school this week. Pretty satisfied with results so far, still long way to go.
wj94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #100
Pr00f
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 17
Re: LVL Weight Loss Challenge

I'm a little late to the thread, but I could use this as added motivation. I'm getting married in the fall and need to lose some lbs before the big day.

Height - 5'11"
Current Weight - 260
Goal Weight - 220

Trying to get in a good place before late June, when I'm heading in for the WSOP and then New Orleans for my bachelor party.

I typically weigh myself once a week...so looking to be down a couple of pounds by next Monday. Hope everyone is still kicking butt and reaching their goals.
Pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online