Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Coaching/Training > Coaching Advice

Notices

Coaching Advice This forum is to be used for general coaching questions and discussion. This forum is not intended to be a place where coaches advertise.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #211
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not winning at SD
Posts: 6,189
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

lol I just came over to read the drama bomb and then I check out this douche's website. I knew it had to be that tard. I remember last year when I got free stox and I was bored late one night and wanted to watch a vid so I fired up one of his jedi-mind bull **** videos. It was literally the worst analysis I've ever seen in a video. I mean he literally had no clue how to play NLHE at an even break even level. The video was being made at nl100 so I could only assume he played on some super fishy euro site and was a marginal winner and stox signed them on because, well, their coaching stable isn't that impressive (excluding a couple great LHE coaches and rask). I can't believe that people fell for his scam. And more importantly that they actually gave him thousands of dollars after listening to him talk about the game.

more unbelievable is that stoxpoker put his videos out there. Do they even watch or listen to the product they are providing? The fact that this made it on to the site and was consider valuable poker knowledge is just mind blowing. And now the fact that part owners of the site are claiming they knew he was a scam artist and still let him work his scam on their site is just ridiculous.

I mean this thread is just unbelievable. I'm sorry you guys got screwed who did, but I don't for a second believe any of you were big winners and that this kid screwed it up for you. even marginal winners at midstakes would be able to tell he was a fraud in a few minutes.
thepizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #212
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Zacharrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: just donking around
Posts: 7,876
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzlefosho View Post
lol I just came over to read the drama bomb and then I check out this douche's website. I knew it had to be that tard. I remember last year when I got free stox and I was bored late one night and wanted to watch a vid so I fired up one of his jedi-mind bull **** videos. It was literally the worst analysis I've ever seen in a video. I mean he literally had no clue how to play NLHE at an even break even level. The video was being made at nl100 so I could only assume he played on some super fishy euro site and was a marginal winner and stox signed them on because, well, their coaching stable isn't that impressive (excluding a couple great LHE coaches and rask). I can't believe that people fell for his scam. And more importantly that they actually gave him thousands of dollars after listening to him talk about the game.

more unbelievable is that stoxpoker put his videos out there. Do they even watch or listen to the product they are providing? The fact that this made it on to the site and was consider valuable poker knowledge is just mind blowing. And now the fact that part owners of the site are claiming they knew he was a scam artist and still let him work his scam on their site is just ridiculous.

I mean this thread is just unbelievable. I'm sorry you guys got screwed who did, but I don't for a second believe any of you were big winners and that this kid screwed it up for you. even marginal winners at midstakes would be able to tell he was a fraud in a few minutes.
you say that all now, but why didnt you step forward earlier ???
Zacharrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #213
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not winning at SD
Posts: 6,189
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharrrr View Post
you say that all now, but why didnt you step forward earlier ???
wtf I didn't even know who the kid was until I read this thread? I never read or post on stox. I just happened to watch one of his videos that I thought was crappy. how was I supposed to know that he was suckering people out of thousands of dollars who weren't smart enough to see through his bull ****.

I mean stox poker puts out a lot of not very good videos, I wasn't surprised that one of their nl100 instructors sucked. however when I read about this thread on another part of 2p2 I had a feeling it might be this kid. The name made me think he was asian (I know racist ban) and someone who was clearly a terrible poker player but acted like they knew everything, and someone who was coaching and making videos for stox, and someone that was broke in the
UK (kid had a british accent in his vids). this kid is the first person I thoguht of and sure enough it's that idiot.

so yeah I was covering it all up. I had secret knowledge. get serious.
thepizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #214
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 32
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzlefosho View Post
I mean stox poker puts out a lot of not very good videos, I wasn't surprised that one of their nl100 instructors sucked. however when I read about this thread on another part of 2p2 I had a feeling it might be this kid. The name made me think he was asian (I know racist ban) and someone who was clearly a terrible poker player but acted like they knew everything, and someone who was coaching and making videos for stox, and someone that was broke in the
UK (kid had a british accent in his vids). this kid is the first person I thoguht of and sure enough it's that idiot.
This "kid" is over 30 lol
buns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #215
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Zacharrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: just donking around
Posts: 7,876
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

this was not meant to offend you. the qestion, if you say "even marginal winners at midstakes would be able to tell he was a fraud in a few minutes." why nobody stepped up earlier, has to be raised.

now get serious.
Zacharrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #216
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 73
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TT* View Post
words
LOL at "it's just a staking deal gone bad". He's a long-term losing player who bankrupted himself playing poker then continued to play poker and lose more money. He's written the most hilarious PLO guide in the history of PLO guides. His serious Stox videos are (according to many here at least, most of whom don't appear to have any vested interest in the case at hand, I will readily admit I haven't seen any myself) pretty much crap and of no value to even break-even players at mid-stakes+. He was falsely advertised as a $1m winner, with apparently nothing having been done to check this out. There are dozens of complaints relating to the quality and quantity of his coaching in here and yet you want to call this "a staking deal gone bad"? Because a few people might have slightly embellished a small part of their grievances against Jason amid the complete torrent of complaints about his coaching, you're willing to write everything off and call it a "staking deal gone bad"? Come on, you're smarter than this.

You say some complaints have been proven false. Which complaints? How have they been proven? This is as bad as when FT support gets ragged on here for closing people's accounts with nothing more than "you broke the rules!" as a reason. If you're not prepared to back statements like that up, why are you posting them at all?

You have also taught us all such stunning insight as "victims of scams tend to be naive" and "victims of scams often have a hard time outing themselves in public" and proceed to highlight this as some sort of unusual behaviour that is worthy of note. Really?

Look, I understand you want to be seen as the voice of balance and reason amid the madness of this topic, but frankly it's making you look more than a little silly at present.
Dorkus Malorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #217
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 273
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Anyone who gets coaching from a guy who looks like this deserves to lose.
SMOOTH55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #218
enthusiast
 
rvtsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: stumptown
Posts: 50
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyFBI View Post
Would be nice if someone could copy/paste JH's posts (those that address / reply to these allegations) from the stox forums...
they were all bs. He put that same prop bet up and then his only response was that he had dirt on his accusers trying to say that they aren't to be trusted. Basically implying a threat that he would out them publicly for something illegal one or more of his accusers had done, though it was all very vague.

He was given an opportunity to respond directly to the accusations and reports from his students and crew, but he only responded with veiled threats and vague assurances that he was mounting his defense.

Last I read he was banned from Stox and all his content was removed from the site.
rvtsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #219
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 73
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Oh, random information that may be of interest too - he was made bankrupt in February 2008 and discharged 12 months later, so he was a registered bankrupt at the time he became involved with Stox (August 2008 if my understanding is correct). He also mysteriously saved up enough money to quit his job and move to Macau during the time he was bankrupt, despite the fact that as I said before any earnings past what he needed to live on while he was registered bankrupt should have been declared and inevitably sent to the Official Receiver for distribution to his creditors (and I'm pretty confident given the info posted ITT that he didn't fund the trip from poker winnings).
Dorkus Malorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #220
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not winning at SD
Posts: 6,189
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns View Post
This "kid" is over 30 lol
I can't help it that he looks like he's 15.
thepizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #221
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not winning at SD
Posts: 6,189
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharrrr View Post
this was not meant to offend you. the qestion, if you say "even marginal winners at midstakes would be able to tell he was a fraud in a few minutes." why nobody stepped up earlier, has to be raised.

now get serious.
I don't think most winning regs in MSNL watch stox vids or browse their site very often. And I think most people like me with only the knowledge gained from one of his terrible videos would assume only that he was a bad small stakes reg that put out crappy videos. If you aren't a fanboy and didn't follow his apparently ludicrous claims on his blog and his idiotic website then you wouldn't have any reason to suspect he was running a scam.

I assumed he was exactly what he is (a bad small stakes reg) from watching his videos. I just had know idea that he was claiming to be more and scamming others based on those claims.
thepizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #222
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 278
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

found something interesting when i googled "jason ho poker."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pr...usOne/Jason_Ho

does anyone know how wiki works? why is jason ho's name associated with phil gordon's wiki profile? can someone look up user ProsperousOne and see who it is?

could this be another one of his tricks?
LFE888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #223
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 32
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

ProsperousOne is one of the guys affected by this; he's a former "crew" member and his statement is on Stoxpoker.

It appears Jason asked him to setup a wiki entry to boost his profile.
buns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #224
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
teddyFBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,603
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns View Post
ProsperousOne is one of the guys affected by this; he's a former "crew" member and his statement is on Stoxpoker.

It appears Jason asked him to setup a wiki entry to boost his profile.

wat? i don't get this. It's Phil Gordon's wikipedia page with Phil Gordon changed to Jason Ho in the first line but nowhere else(?)
teddyFBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #225
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Re: Where did the Jason Ho thread get moved to?

It s phil gordon who did it , Jason Ho is his idol :-)
rollsucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive