Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Coaching Advice This forum is to be used for general coaching questions and discussion. This forum is not intended to be a place where coaches advertise.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #1
Kronan
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
"Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Spending my spare time to become a proffesional poker player

My nickname is Kronan and i am going to spend my spare time to become a proffesional poker player. I've always been a competitive person and i've always been aiming high to achieve my goals and i've decided this is what i wanna make a living of. The reason why i wanna become a proffesional poker player is not about the money involved, It's basically because i love playing poker.

I am 17 years old so i have plenty of time studying poker strategies and preparing until im allowed to play live. I recently bought two books and one is written by David Sklansky, Ed Miller (Theory and Practice) and the other one is written by Dan harrington, Bill Robertie (The Endgame) I've been playing live poker with friends and i've also been playing pretty much online poker. The main thing im currently working on is building my bankroll. 25% of what i earn each month goes into my bankroll.

By the time im eighteen years old i expect myself to have enough experience to start playing online poker legally meanwhile im still saving money for my bankroll. When i turn 21 years old my bankroll will be at 3000$ and i will travel to Las Vegas to join tournaments and get a feeling of live poker. I will come prepared and i will have a good aspect on how i will play and make the trip worth it. This is a vision on how im going to become a proffesional poker player.

This is my first post on TwoPlusTwo and i would appreciate if you gave some tips on how to improve and so on

Thanks for reading!
Kronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 AM   #2
yenolom
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 258
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Welcome
My advice would be to get used to idea of being punched in the face a lot because that is what playing poker for a living can feel like a lot of the time, especially if you plan on playing MTT's for a living. Rocky Balboa quote I like is "it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward". My thinking has always been if I give 100% then I know I can achieve my goals, but there is no one else that will motivate you to play and study when times get tough. its all you.
Anyway good luck!
yenolom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
YGOchamp
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 980
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Cant tell if OP is legit or this is a level
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
the_dessert_guy
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 13
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOchamp View Post
Cant tell if OP is legit or this is a level

Maybe level 3 xxx
the_dessert_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
BluFF_ME_Harder
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Posts: 2
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

definitely level
BluFF_ME_Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:02 PM   #6
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 19,535
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

I don't think it is a level.
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 PM   #7
YGOchamp
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 980
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
I don't think it is a level.
Sounds like a prop bet in the making imo

lay down some odds bruh
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #8
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 19,535
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOchamp View Post
Sounds like a prop bet in the making imo

lay down some odds bruh
I think it's probably 80% true. Not high enough to type out a serious reply unfortunately.
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #9
Husker
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Husker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Holsten's Diner
Posts: 10,421
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronan View Post
Spending my spare time to become a proffesional poker player

My nickname is Kronan and i am going to spend my spare time to become a proffesional poker player. I've always been a competitive person and i've always been aiming high to achieve my goals and i've decided this is what i wanna make a living of. The reason why i wanna become a proffesional poker player is not about the money involved, It's basically because i love playing poker.

I am 17 years old so i have plenty of time studying poker strategies and preparing until im allowed to play live. I recently bought two books and one is written by David Sklansky, Ed Miller (Theory and Practice) and the other one is written by Dan harrington, Bill Robertie (The Endgame) I've been playing live poker with friends and i've also been playing pretty much online poker. The main thing im currently working on is building my bankroll. 25% of what i earn each month goes into my bankroll.

By the time im eighteen years old i expect myself to have enough experience to start playing online poker legally meanwhile im still saving money for my bankroll. When i turn 21 years old my bankroll will be at 3000$ and i will travel to Las Vegas to join tournaments and get a feeling of live poker. I will come prepared and i will have a good aspect on how i will play and make the trip worth it. This is a vision on how im going to become a proffesional poker player.

This is my first post on TwoPlusTwo and i would appreciate if you gave some tips on how to improve and so on

Thanks for reading!
Forget about saving this bankroll and instead deposit a small amount online and learn the game at the very lowest stakes you can find.
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #10
pokerponcho
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 372
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

This is like 10x lower than Mike McDee in Rounders, and he had the worst bankroll management principles imaginable. You're like 10x worse than Mike McDee at management. You are so bad that you should try to find a manager after building up a rep at online micros. You will likely be perpetually be broke your entire life.
pokerponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:33 AM   #11
chrisshiherlis
journeyman
 
chrisshiherlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 299
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

It is a game of relative skill.
Just save up enough to move to Europe where the players are much fishier. Pokker has not been around there so much.
chrisshiherlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #12
YGOchamp
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 980
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisshiherlis View Post
It is a game of relative skill.
Just save up enough to move to Europe where the players are much fishier. Pokker has not been around there so much.
uh what? Maybe some obscure parts, but def think the average Euro midstakes pool is going to be tougher.
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #13
ThinkItThrough
See my coaching listing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,835
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
Forget about saving this bankroll and instead deposit a small amount online and learn the game at the very lowest stakes you can find.
One guy helping, others making fun.

Good advice.
ThinkItThrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #14
dust40
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenolom View Post
Welcome
My advice would be to get used to idea of being punched in the face a lot because that is what playing poker for a living can feel like a lot of the time, especially if you plan on playing MTT's for a living. Rocky Balboa quote I like is "it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward". My thinking has always been if I give 100% then I know I can achieve my goals, but there is no one else that will motivate you to play and study when times get tough. its all you.
Anyway good luck!
I would observe the tables before you sit in.Play tight ,until you can figure out there play.I personally play tight and losen up a bit when i have won some money.If i go back to buy in ammount i tighten up a bit.
dust40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #15
Amyotte
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

nevermind.. im catching on as i read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOchamp View Post
Cant tell if OP is legit or this is a level
I am new to 2+2 as well and dont know what you mean by 'OP is legit or a level'?
Amyotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #16
pokerponcho
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 372
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

3000 is not enough dough to move to Vegas, not even close. You need like 6 months expenses plus 30 buys to be comfortable. at NL.
pokerponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #17
IneedpaidFF
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: usa
Posts: 62
Re: "Becoming a Proffesional Poker Player"

i'm looking to study more also

hit me up.. i won alot
IneedpaidFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online